INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Album Thumbnails  (Read 979 times)

jplandry

• Recent member
Sorting Album Thumbnails
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:01:59 pm »

I typically like browsing my audio library using views that have panes at the top, since custom fields + panes make it very easy for me to filter the library the way I want (more or less the reason I moved to Media Center; superior tagging/database features).  Below the panes I typically have either (1) A Detail view of the files, Grouped by Album or (2) Album Thumbnails.  In case (1), I have the the Album Groups sorted by Artist, then Year.  This sort order is preserved whenever I select different items in the panes to filter the results.  However in case (2), if I select different fields in the panes, the Thumbnails are sorted alphabetically by Album name.  I fiddled with the view Sort By settings, but to no avail.  If I don't have any pane items selected, then the Album Thumbnails are sorted by Artist then Year, as I want.  It is only when I select items from certain pane items, then the sort order is messed up.

Any ideas on what is happening?  I can post further details, etc if that is helpful.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up