INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touchscreen - side slider bar too thin for fingers  (Read 2612 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Touchscreen - side slider bar too thin for fingers
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:25:35 pm »

well, your goal is that you want to make it possible to use MC with a touchscreen...

the new roller skins are nice but out (decision of my wife; she says not even closer comparable to our former adapted Acajou skin)

well, shoot me, but we use the adapted Acajou skin further on and I managed to make it user-friendly enough and there is peace in the household (important, isn't it?!)

The only thing I have to mention is: The slider on the right side (sliding down and up in lists) is way too thin - on a 800x600 touchscreen it's sooo thin that I have to grow one of my finger-nails to touch that...

Question: could someone help me make it a bit wider?

Thanks for your kind help

globetrotters1

Re: Touchscreen once again
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 04:57:55 pm »

*bump*

it would be nice if someone of you guys could tell me a solution for my little problem...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:41:18 pm »

Scrollbars are locked at 2% of the screen width times the size scalar, which you can adjust in Options > Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 06:08:37 pm »

it's obvious for me that you never had a touchscreen in front of you, because the side-scroll-bar is not even visible on a 800x600 Xenarc touchscreen - not to mention to touch something with normal human finger size there

sorry, but I think that you should get one of those and try it out yourself, you'll find out that I'm right

I thought that you guys want to have a product which is not just usable with keyboard/mouse/remote but also with a touchscreen... am I wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:10:41 pm »

You can drag and flick lists with a touchscreen by touching anywhere on the list and moving your finger.

globetrotters1

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:25:22 pm »

I tried it... and guess what! It opens the album I touch, it doesn't let me scroll through the list! Seriously

The only way to make it work right now is touching the right touchscreen frame and using just the fingernail to reach the thin scrollbar at the very limit of the screen... sometimes it works, sometimes it opens just an album

I'm not joking

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:08:31 pm »

It's working here with a mouse (but it's the same down-drag action).  Make sure you have the latest version.

And try it with a mouse just to see what you should expect.

globetrotters1

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:26 am »

Matt,

I know how it works with a mouse, I know how it works with a keyboard, all ok

With a touchscreen the whole handling is different - I only have a thick finger on a touchscreen surface... and it just behaves not the way we can use it, it's that simple

The only problem is that the side slider obviously cannot be made wider, I just wonder who decided to block it to 2% of the screen width (obviously someone who never saw or used a touchscreen in his life)

I'm sorry, Matt, I adapted the touchscreen processing program already to be able to escape from a Display View without the (missing) <ENTER> - here I have no idea how I can make it work without going back to MC12 - too bad for the nice library functions of MC13 - but if it's not possible at all to browse through long lists it just makes no sense for us (we don't want to list always only from the 10 first albums in a list, hope that is understandable)

I don't understand your development "progress". You write a new Theater View function (with rollers and so on), which is nice for some people, for others it's not. During that program adaptation you destroy the functionality of the former layout, which was fine and yes, which had its downsides because it was not customizable so nicely. Why not just leaving the "old display" form as it is?

Well, this is my humble opinion, not to misunderstand. I'm not into any kind of rant, just want to solve a small problem (width of the slider) which would make life easier when using a touchscreen. Hope you don't hate me in the meantime, lol. More suggestions, hints and wishes might come up...

Martin

globetrotters1

Re: Touchscreen - side slider bar too thin for fingers
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:23 pm »

*bump*

would be nice to get a response to this - thanks

and by the way: the programming of the visualizations is also broken/gone...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Touchscreen - side slider bar too thin for fingers
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 10:55:35 pm »

Mouse drag and flick works.  You're going to have to troubleshoot your touchscreen if you're having problems.  It needs to send a mouse down, mouse move, mouse up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up