INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to classify videos in the library server client ?  (Read 1945 times)

christophe4jriver

• Recent member
How to classify videos in the library server client ?
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:44:10 am »

Hi all,

I've setup a second PC running MC as a client of my main MC server running the Library Server.

In the Server all videos are classified by folder and I've created a custom view based on file path.

All my videos are classified as follows:
c:\rootmedia\Videos\tvshows\Show1\Season1\
c:\rootmedia\Videos\tvshows\Show1\Season2\
c:\rootmedia\Videos\tvshows\Show2\Season1\

The issue I'm facing is that when the client connects the remote server all videos appear in the same list named "Unassigned".

Does someone can point me out how to make the client showing the videos as they are classified on the server?

Thx

christophe4jriver

• Recent member
Re: How to classify videos in the library server client ?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:45:06 am »

up!

any ideas ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How to classify videos in the library server client ?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:03:21 am »

MC14 works now a bit differently and also the file paths can be used for browsing on the client.

On MC13 you would need to create tags from the file paths. You can do it "semi-automatically" by using the Fill Properties From Filename tool. Select the video files and run the tool with a suitable directory rool. For instance:

...or whatever tag fields you might prefer.

After you have tagged the files you can create a view scheme that is based on those tags.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up