INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Closed Captioning question  (Read 2271 times)

the5marks

Closed Captioning question
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:38:26 pm »

I have a question concerning closed captioning. I use a language filtering device that needs the closed captioning line left in the video stream so that it can work. Does this software leave the closed caption line in the video stream un-decoded or is the close caption decoded? I see in my list of filters in the DVD area a "line 21 filter" is this for closed caption?

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Closed Captioning question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:01 am »

I have a question concerning closed captioning. I use a language filtering device that needs the closed captioning line left in the video stream so that it can work. Does this software leave the closed caption line in the video stream un-decoded or is the close caption decoded? I see in my list of filters in the DVD area a "line 21 filter" is this for closed caption?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not really sure what it means to be "left in the video stream".  There's a filter that splits audio, video, and closed captions (line 21).  It really can't output the closed captions data in the video stream, since the video output is video only.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

the5marks

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:52:41 am »

Thanks for responding. I guess that I am asking, Does the software let the line 21 data flow through the software so that a tv or other device decode the line 21 "closed Captioning"?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:25:32 am »

Oh, I see.

I'm not sure if there are any filters that can do this.  It might be tricky because Line 21 information may not be able to be passed out the video card if you're using DVI or HDMI.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.  Does any other software do this?  Anyone else have any insight?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up