INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUE and APE Import Behavior  (Read 1854 times)

jacky

• World Citizen
CUE and APE Import Behavior
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:39:39 pm »

I have an arbitrary folder containing a CUE file (music.cue) pointing to one .ape formatted file (1.ape) containing songs belonging to the same album.

music.CUE (table of contents pointing to file below)
1.ape

If I set import to allow importation of APE and CUE files, what will get imported to the library?

Will the the album get imported twice?  Once from the CUE file with proper song listings, and once from the .ape file containing a song the size of the whole album?

?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: CUE and APE Import Behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:46:49 pm »

Will the the album get imported twice?  Once from the CUE file with proper song listings, and once from the .ape file containing a song the size of the whole album?

Yes.  I'd recommend only importing the CUE file.

With APE, you can also create APL files so you have unique file (with unique tag) for each entry in the CUE file.  This way, even programs that don't support CUE files have a unique file that can be played.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jacky

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:45 pm »

neat, thanks for the tip!  :)

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 02:43:33 am »

With APE, you can also create APL files so you have unique file (with unique tag) for each entry in the CUE file.  This way, even programs that don't support CUE files have a unique file that can be played.

Interesting.  I didn't know about APL files (other than it being A Programming Language).  Can Media Center create APL files or will I need to download Monkey's Audio and use those tools?

I looked around MC13 and even tried ripping a CD CUE and didn't see anything that would allow me to create APL files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up