INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 with x64 OS and multi-zone sound output?  (Read 2080 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
MC 13 with x64 OS and multi-zone sound output?
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:56:06 pm »

I think to replace my motherboard/CPU setup, but don't want to buy a complete new computer

Question: does anyone use a 64-bit OS with multi-zone sound, a PCIe graphics controller and a PCI TV tuner? successfully?

Please let me know your experiences and your technical setup, thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC 13 with x64 OS and multi-zone sound output?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:39:23 pm »

I develop on 64-bit Vista and use 64-bit Windows 7 at home.  I haven't really had any problems, Media Center or otherwise.

You might have to sacrifice an old piece of hardware or two.  I have a good soundcard I can't use, for example.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:19:36 pm »

Matt,

I have no problems to dump this and that, but for example I won't dump my Areca RAID controller for 16 drives and I can't get rid of my whole house music system (which requires me to use a graphics controller which can produce NTSC video output on a second screen (for the touchscreens I use throught the house)).

Right now I have a two Creative Audigy 2 soundcards and with the KX driver set I can generate 3 zones per card, 6 zones in total. If I have to sacrifice these cards I'm fine with it. Just want to know another solution for my zone setup as I am sure that the KX drivers are not available for 64-bit OS's.

I'm pretty sure that MC works fine on a 64-bit OS. The details of the surrounding setup makes it a bit harder. Just don't want to dish out a lot of money just to find out the hard way that it simply doesn't work.

So, if someone is using a setup with multi-zone and 64-bit OS, I would appreciate her/his comments here. If possible with a short list of the components she or he uses.

thanks

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:47:29 pm »

as it seems I am the only one with such wishes...

I investigated further on and found out:

- the KX driver is available in x64 (in an alpha version) for testing purposes
- it's not yet clear if it works on Windows Server 2008 x64
- the Hauppauge Win-PVR150 x64 driver for Vista is available and should also work on Windows Server 2008 x64
- the Areca x64 drivers are available
- the Matrox Parhelia APVe x64 driver is available for Windows Server 2008 x64
- the remote control iMon should work now on any x64 OS with the important improvement that ALL keys can now be used in an application (not blocked for Windows only)
   this might be an important information for all users who use iMon remote controls !

Well, as it seems I'm on my own and no one here to give some help, so I install everything and report my findings... sigh
Pages: [1]   Go Up