INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link Bar Changes Not Saving  (Read 1827 times)

taklamakan

• Recent member
Link Bar Changes Not Saving
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:43:35 pm »

None of the changes I make to the link bar via the Manage Links window ever save.  I've added links and changed properties of the default links.  When I click Ok, the new links are not added and the default links are not changed.  When I go back into the Link Manager, none of my changes are there anymore. 13.0.171.  Can't think what I'm doing wrong.  I haven't seen this issue in the forum searches I've been doing.

taklamakan

• Recent member
Re: Link Bar Changes Not Saving
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:45:41 pm »

I tried disabling the Links feature altogether, restarting, enabling Links, restarting. No joy.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 05:56:20 am »

Are you using in client / server mode with Library Server?  Or is another user connected (even on the same machine)?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 08:10:04 am »

Just to make sure, are you closing the customization dialog with the OK button instead of the close button?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

)p(

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 03:52:11 pm »

I also have this issue...links do not save and always revert back to the originals...I also see similar issues with saving view schemes and some weird behavior in the theater view were old deleted views with the same name just popup again when you go into theater view ;) I have always suspected this was caused by using a shared network drive and accessing it from different pc's with the same drive letter. Do you also have your library on a shared network drive?

peter

taklamakan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:00:19 pm »

I see Ok and Cancel buttons.  I'm using the Ok button.  I also took care to use Edit Search to match the right media type.  But I have the same problem when I don't add any rules.

I'm not using a library server.  Everything is local. My music is on a second internal hard drive, so it's a different disk from where the library resides, but it's not a network drive. I'm the only user of this laptop. I have never had problems saving schemes.

When I went to create my first link, I clicked the Reset All Links to Default button for no particular reason.  It's been nagging at me that that might have caused the problem, but who knows?

For what it's worth, I can't paste links in either.  Not sure if that's a clue.  I've tried several links that people have posted in the forums.  The error is always: "Clipboard does not contain a valid link".

Here's the link I am trying to create:

<Link version="1.1">
<Item Name="Name">MC</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Audio],[Video]</Item>
<Item Name="Action">0</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://apps.metacritic.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////apps.metacritic.com//search//process?ty=2&tfs=album_title&x=25&y=7&sb=3&ts=Hexify([Search])</Item>
</Link>

taklamakan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:35 pm »

More details: I added a link to the XML file directly and started MC.  There was my link and it worked.  But as soon as I switched to a different schema it disappeared.
Pages: [1]   Go Up