INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"  (Read 7678 times)

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:52:04 pm »

In 14.0.34 it looks like the check-box does not work under the following conditions.

- Empty library after all files have been deleted
- "Custom" selected
- "Advanced"? button pressed to get to advanced/additional options
- "Ignore previously deleted files" checkbox is UN-checked.

When you press OK, the previous deleted files are STILL ignored.

That problem does NOT manifest itself when you already have some files in the Library, and it presents the first page of the "Import" confirmation dialogue.  When "that" checkbox on that dialog window is UN-checked, then even files previously deleted are imported.

TR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:49:48 am »

Clearing the library (File > Library > Clear library...) flushes any traces of deleted files.  It's like starting with a completely fresh library.

To keep the (hidden) record of deleted files you have to just delete the files but not clear the library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:57:48 am »

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification on "Clear Library".

My issue, however, is when you select all files, then select delete from library, then try to re-import those same, recently deleted files.

If you un-check the "ignore previously deleted files checkbox" in an attempt to re-import those deleted files, it fails to work.

Basically, the checkbox toggle seems to be broken in that dialog window I identified.

TR

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:50:28 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification on "Clear Library".

My issue, however, is when you select all files, then select delete from library, then try to re-import those same, recently deleted files.

If you un-check the "ignore previously deleted files checkbox" in an attempt to re-import those deleted files, it fails to work.

Basically, the checkbox toggle seems to be broken in that dialog window I identified.

TR

It's an option in the import process.  It's called something like "ignore files previously removed".  Uncheck it.

Have reached the end of my tolerance for frustration...
Am trying to do what should be a simple task: import a folder(s) of music files into my library.  
But all I keep getting is a screen paraphrasing  "unable to do so because the files were previously deleted".  Okay, I'll acknowledge that they were previously deleted (and for a good reason) but I do need them back again - and they are on my hard drive, and I do need them back in my library.

Both of you are citing an option that is available when importing files, i.e. "Ignore files previously removed".  

I don't have such an option, where is it?

Both

Tools > Import

and

File > Library > Import

brings up:

Import a single folder
Allows you to add a single folder of content to your library.

Auto-Import
Provides a list of folders that the program will automatically stay synchronized with.

Run Auto-Import Now
Runs auto-import now using your settings.

Has the "Ignore previously deleted files" option been removed?
v. 15.0.159

You are now in the Media Center 14 area.
This thread has been replicated in the Media Center 15 area.
Please post your replies in Media Center 15.  Look for "Revisited: Bug: Import Media "Ignore previously deleted files"
Pages: [1]   Go Up