INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD-Text  (Read 1541 times)

Blaine

CD-Text
« on: July 09, 2002, 04:01:25 pm »

In the past I MJ successfully read CD-Text info that was written using Nero 5.5.  Somewhere along the line, MJ stopped doing this.  I currently have 8.0.286.  I can assure you that the text is written because Sure Thing can read it as well as my Toshiba DVD player on my video system.  Anyone else have this problem?  Please get back to me 'cause ripping to .WMA is a pain when I must key in song titles.

Blaine

robmyer

RE:CD-Text
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 04:36:28 pm »

my mj program doesn't read any of my cds while wma and realplayer and every other program I've used has no problem! I've been waiting for a reply on this problem since this afternoon & would love to find out why.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 05:41:15 pm »

Please update.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Blaine

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 12:12:25 am »

Jim,

I believe that I have a clue for you.  I have upgraded to 8.0.321 and the problem still exists.

What I have found is that Nero 5.5.8 has two Artists fields, one for the CD and one for the individual tracks.  When I assign an artist to the individual tracks, MJ can't deal with it.  I would like to exploit this feature, but if the fix is a pain to do, I understand.

Thanks, Jim

Blaine

Blaine

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 04:42:17 pm »

Just checking for a response....

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 04:56:50 pm »

Blaine,
Check the last couple of messages in this thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=12030

It may or may not be the same problem.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Blaine

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 03:03:07 pm »

Jim,

No, doesn't appear to be it.  Forget it for now until I can find something that is absolutely repeatable for you.  Now the darn thing is working.  I'll get back to you.  Thanks for your assistance.

Blaine

gkerber

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2002, 06:29:56 pm »

I've noticed the same thing, it will read cd-text on some discs and not others, and which it reads depends on the day of the week....

Blaine

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2002, 08:03:46 pm »

Well, at least I'm not the only one!

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2002, 06:58:19 am »

The CD-text code we use is French, it has very strict hours it will work and goes on strike quite often :)

Seriously though, I don't know why it would work sometimes and not others. Maybe if I explain the restrictions it might shed light on what you're experiencing.

1. CD text is only checked if MJ has never "seen" the CD before and it can't find any entry in your cdplayer.ini file for the CD. If there is an entry in cdplayer.ini it will use that information first. If MJ has seen and catalogued the CD, it will use whatever info was collected at that time.

2. Some CD drives don't support providing CD-text information.

3. For burning CD-text, MJ only supports it with the Goldenhawk component (not the generic driver), and the only information that is written is the CD title (consisting of artist name and CD title), and the track titles.

4. Perhaps CD's with scratches on them may not provide CD-text info.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up