INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Ripping - Questions...  (Read 878 times)

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
DVD Ripping - Questions...
« on: August 20, 2009, 01:00:47 am »

I knew (or so I thought) that MC had the capability of DVD ripping for a while, but I never needed it...until now. I am not new MC by all means (I've seen this software grow since v8), but I am new to this feature and I am really confused:

First I click on "Rip Disk" from the Action Window after I insert a DVD. The dialog has "Rip" and "Options". I click on "Options", but the options look catered towards CD Ripping (the encoding does not have a DVD option, so its useless) and there is nothing there for DVD Ripping Options (format, compression, copy disk to another DVD, etc), except in the File Location menu there is a DVD Ripping Folder Rule...and I just assume the copied DVD is going in the My Videos folder by default. What if I want DVDs to go into another drive (external) altogether...can I do this?

The Options for DVD Ripping are confusing and they are not tailored towards DVD Video Ripping (it looks more like Music CD ripping options).

Is there any way to clear this feature up? It looks like a feature that was added quickly to MC and not polished.

More questions:

What kind of DVDs can you rip?
What format are DVD disks ripped?
How large is the final rip? (there is no indication before/during the ripping process)
Can you play them back in MC just like a DVD?
Can you burn the file(s) back to another DVD for a copy?

Thank you so much! I love this product! :)

BailsOz

Re: DVD Ripping - Questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:13:07 am »

Any Help here would be great.

Also would like to know how to seperate home videos from DVD's.

Cheers
Bails

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: DVD Ripping - Questions...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:16:10 am »

Optical media like DVDs and CDs are called "discs."

Disks are floppies, hard drive platters, etc.

The first few seasons of South Park incorrectly had "Disk #" on the DVDs, which was fixed in season 4 or so to correctly read "Disc #."
Pages: [1]   Go Up