INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: does MC 14 does TV recording like MC13? and how does it handle MKV+subtitles?  (Read 875 times)

nexos

• Recent member

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading to MC14, I have MC12, and tried MC13 for a few days.

The reasons I didn't upgrade to MC13 were the following:

1. Strange TV recording bug I described here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52303.msg356788
2. MC13 saves the recorded shows in a strange format (jtv, cnk...), can't watch in a different software.
3. I can't plan recurring recordings, daily/weekly and so on, without an EPG, which I don't have (Scheduler doesn't do this anymore in MC13)
4. MKV videos refuse to show subtitles, although my codec settings are fine for MC12 and any other video software

So, my question is, does MC14 do anything different in any of these issues?

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

1. Hauppauge PVR-150 works fine on my computers.  There has been no change in this regard from MC13 to MC14

2. MC saves TV recordings in its own loose container so it has the flexibility of merging time-shifting and recording.  As I explained previously, DirectShow based video players should have no trouble playing jtv files.  Although we envision a conversion tool for this, it will not be available in the short run - as there are still some technical issues to be sorted out.

3. I intended to fix this, and I will.

4. It should work, in both MC13 and MC14.  It is just a configuration issue.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up