INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI Trimmer  (Read 773 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen
AVI Trimmer
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:23:57 am »

Can anyone recommed a good AVI trimmer?  I want to be able to cut trim recordings without losing the original avi quality. thanks.

I found: http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer#Download

It seems to work well.  But I have to remember to make sure I keep the exact same filename if I want the library to maintain the tag information.
The library seems to store the tag information for the AVI files in the library and not in the files.

Does anyone know of a AVI trimmer that might be a better alternative?
Does anyone know why the tag information is not stored in the AVI file, like with my MP3s?

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AVI Trimmer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:27 am »

Does anyone know why the tag information is not stored in the AVI file, like with my MP3s?
So far as I understand it (and I'm far from an expert on video related stuff) video file standards don't support metadata in the files. Search around here a bit and you'll find more in depth info about this subject.

There are definitely other tools out there, but if the only drawback to the one you've got is needing to keep the filename the same, I'd say the one you have is the one to go with. Unless of course it is for some lame reason tedious to keep the filename the same. That's a different story...

-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up