INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art stops displaying  (Read 1529 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover art stops displaying
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:47:06 pm »

This is a wonderful program and I have spent a lot of time tweaking it to my satisfaction.

The only thing I want to know is why my cover art stops displaying and reverts back to a snapshot of the movie??

I have asked this question a number of times and I am getting no answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

rick.ca

Re: Cover art stops displaying
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:19:38 pm »

You're probably getting no answers because you provide so little information it's difficult to even hazard a guess. I suggest you start by providing the following information:

1. Is the problem just with movie posters, or does it happen with album covers as well?

2. Select Tools - Options and type "cover" in the search box at the top. Tell us all of your settings that have anything to do with covers.

3. Then do the same thing with "thumbnail" (what you see in music and video views are thumbnails, not the actual cover art images).

4. If you are using PvdImport, tell us how it's configured for retrieving cover art (all three settings).

maid

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:33:09 pm »

Hello Rick,

I don't put a lot of info as I don't know what to look for, only when someone like yourself tell me what to look for helps.
I have had lots of other help from here which is great.

I am not too sure about the album covers I think they are ok.

File Location: in specified folder which I have named Also store image in files tag is ticked.
General: Submit cover art changes to online database
Library and Folders: Get cover art.

I have also tried something different this morning I had ticked create thumbnails for videos, I have unticked this deleted all thubnails and re applied my cover art.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 12:48:53 am »

If your "cover art stops displaying and reverts back to a snapshot of the movie" and you had Create thumbnails for videos selected, I would assume there is some connection. I expect deselecting that will stop screen shot thumbnails from being created. But that doesn't explain why that was happening when there was already a thumbnail.

Are you using PvdImport? If so, how is it configured? I wonder if the import of a poster (even though one already exists) is triggering Auto-Import to update the thumbnail, but then it instead creates one from a screen shot because this was your preference. When you run PvdImport, do you run a "mass update" on all your videos, or do you use Send to to just update those that need updating?

Have you configured PVD to create and save screenshots in it's database? There's a deficiency in the current version of PvdImport in that instead of exporting a specific poster, it's actually exporting one image at random. If you are saving screen shots in PVD, that image might be a screen shot instead of a poster.

maid

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 08:04:27 pm »

Hello rick,

I do all my changes on my office computer via the network.
I had taken the thumbnail building off and on this machine everything looked good.
We then put the theater machine on on the cover art was very slow loading also  got screen shots again.
Today I realized that I had not taken thumbnail building of the Theater machine so I have do that and re done the cover art.
Now we have to see if its all still there tonight.

Am I correct in saying that if I use cover art then I should not be building thumbnails?

I am using PVDimport and when I use that I use send to.

PVD is not configured to save screenshots.
image might be a screen shot instead of a poster.

Cheers

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:30:20 pm »

Am I correct in saying that if I use cover art then I should not be building thumbnails?

That would seem to be a sensible thing to do to avoid the problem you're having, although I don't know why you should have to do that. You might wonder why you can't set that option and expect a screen shot thumbnail be built only for movies that have no cover art.

I am using PVDimport and when I use that I use send to.

You still haven't provided your PvdImport settings. You must have Do cover art set. You should have selected InASpecifiedFolder as the method, to be consistent with MC. And Cover Folder (the "specified folder") should be same as that set in MC. Is this what your settings are?

PVD is not configured to save screenshots.
image might be a screen shot instead of a poster.

I assume you mean you sometimes use a screen shot as a poster, but these are not the movies you're having a problem with.

maid

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:42:58 pm »

Yes I do have the settings you suggest in PVDimport.

I would like to have the thumbnails on as there are some things like documentaries that do not have covers.
I do not use Screenshot at all.

Thanks

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 08:57:07 pm »

I suggest you leave that setting off for now, to see if the problem goes away. If it does, you can set PVD to automatically grab a screenshot and use it as a poster. Then anything you can't find a poster for will still have that. If you want to go to a little more trouble, you can set PVD to get, say, a dozen screenshots. Then pick the best one, save it, and reload it as a poster. This is what I do for all episodes—none of which have unique posters.

maid

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 09:03:34 pm »

Thanks for that Rick.

Will see how it goes.

Cheers again
Pages: [1]   Go Up