INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5th Generation Nano Compatability  (Read 5339 times)

Biscotti

5th Generation Nano Compatability
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:37:08 am »

Hello,

I have just bought the new ipod nano, and I have updated to the latest MC 14 release; however, the songs will still not play.  The ipod shows up under handheld devices when I plug it in, and it allows me to add songs.  But when I unplug the ipod, none of the songs show up.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks....

-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 5th Generation Nano Compatability
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:43:54 am »

We're still investigating, but it appears Apple has locked down the new Nanos.

You should tell Apple what you think of their tactics.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Biscotti

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:17:48 pm »

Damn, well I guess I'll wait a few months, hopefully you all will be able to figure something out...I should've done some research before I bought it.  Oh well.  All of my music is FLAC or WAV so Itunes is a definite NO. 

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:14:09 am »

You do have the option of using the MC iTunes Synchronizer utility that I have written (sync to iTunes, then to your nano) ... User zxsix wrote a PDF that explains in detail how to do what you are describing, it is included in the release zip. Pay particular attention to the "Use Alternative Keys" option.

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 11:33:22 am »

Boy that really stinks.  I think we should all boycott Apple!!!!  What a bunch of chumps.  You'd think they didn't learn anything from the hard lessons of the past.  They were almost out of business because they didn't want to play nice with others and now it seems they are up to their old tricks again.

At any rate, I have one of these for another week or two before I can't return it to Best Buy.  If you can't crack it by then, I'll take it back and let Apple eat it.

Please keep me posted.

So is the iTunes synchronizer a viable option?  Can it be automated so with one press I can sync my MC Library with iTunes?  I guess that might be a work around.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:20:50 pm »

So is the iTunes synchronizer a viable option?  Can it be automated so with one press I can sync my MC Library with iTunes?  I guess that might be a work around.

Works for me, and quite a few others. Each morning I plug in my iPhone, double-click and leave it running while I make my double espresso. 8)

johnp

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 09:20:18 pm »

Works for me, and quite a few others. Each morning I plug in my iPhone, double-click and leave it running while I make my double espresso. 8)

Sounds cool I will give it a try...

Thanks!

johnp

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 11:54:17 am »

Well here is a curiosity.

Just for fun I downloaded iTunes.  It was painful, but I did it.  I plugged in the the ipod and what do you know, but all my music was there under the ipod.  Then I ejected the ipod and all the music was there.

So the process of jacking into itunes somehow made the ipod db get populated.

Seems like things are pretty close, hopefully this info can get jrmc one step closer to full integration?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:00:01 pm »

Interesting. It probably rewrites the database hash. Unfortunately we can't do that at this time. The algorithm is not generally known.
Pages: [1]   Go Up