INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error message: Interface plugin '' could not be found or created.  (Read 3595 times)

llafriel

• World Citizen

Hi,
I'm getting the above errormessage when I try to start my plugin. It works on the machine where I wrote it, but I get the message on two other machines I have. Searching here shows a lot of similar problems, with the only suggestion to ensure that the progid in the app and registry is the same. That didn't solve my problem. Anyone with any good ideas?

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Error message: Interface plugin '' could not be found or created.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:46:41 am »

I've seen that the debugger changes the file path of the install files. So if you've debugged a system, cleaned the install, you'll probably have to reinstall your plugin.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 01:46:09 pm »

It's the same message on new installs and reinstalls. I'm not sure where to look next.

Innosetup says prodid while vb template says progid. Changed Innosetup to progid but that didn't help.

Innosetup:
Root: HKLM; Subkey: "Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\AutoMeta"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "ProdID"; ValueData: "AutoMeta"; Flags: uninsdeletekey

VB.Net code:
<System.Runtime.InteropServices.ProgId("AutoMeta")> Public Class MainInterface

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 03:44:16 am »

The link goes to a rar archive with my project. If someone has the time to look at them, and perhaps find what's wrong, I'd be very grateful :)

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z01OSmI0QTYwMEh2Wmc9PQ

pbair

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:30:05 am »

The link goes to a rar archive with my project. If someone has the time to look at them, and perhaps find what's wrong, I'd be very grateful :)

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z01OSmI0QTYwMEh2Wmc9PQ
I ran your setup.exe and MC loaded the plugin with no problems.  Could see all your controls, but could not play with any functionality because I don't have an internet connection on my MC computer.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:00:59 pm »

Strange, I've tried it on five different computers with the same result.. Hehe, I was more hoping you'd point to an obvious error. I don't understand why it works on your install but not mine?

pbair

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 03:08:50 pm »

I'm not that savvy with respect to the inner workings of computer systems.  Could it be that your computers showing the errors are running an older version of the .NET Framework?

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 12:55:59 pm »

As far as I can tell they're all running the same versions. Two of the computers are windows 7 which I suppose has the latest version.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:11 am »

I tried it on my machine and it wasn't working there.  I tried to figure out why but it had me stumped.  However you must have used a different version of VB than me, I couldn't open the project.  Is it VB Express?  or VS 2008?

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 12:22:07 pm »

A very cursory glance...

I "opened"  the project, but even after installing the VBpowerpack 3.0, I was still getting errors about the 'shapecontainer' and 'shaperectangle' types not being defined. Try to avoid these powerpack objects if possible, at least while testing...

Also function 'Getstring" is reporting as not returning a vaue from all code paths... do you not get this? As far as I can see, you are not returning a value anywhere in that function...

C.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 03:29:19 pm »

I tried it on my machine and it wasn't working there.  I tried to figure out why but it had me stumped.  However you must have used a different version of VB than me, I couldn't open the project.  Is it VB Express?  or VS 2008?

I'm using VB 2008 Express edition. I'll try with VS 2008 I think, and see if starting a new plugin from scratch works.

A very cursory glance...

I "opened"  the project, but even after installing the VBpowerpack 3.0, I was still getting errors about the 'shapecontainer' and 'shaperectangle' types not being defined. Try to avoid these powerpack objects if possible, at least while testing...

Also function 'Getstring" is reporting as not returning a vaue from all code paths... do you not get this? As far as I can see, you are not returning a value anywhere in that function...

C.

VBpowerpack? I haven't installed that, it must be standard with vb express?

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 07:05:51 pm »

VBpowerpack? I haven't installed that, it must be standard with vb express?
I didnt think so, but cant say for sure - I'm using the full version of VS, which didnt have it...

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 04:11:30 pm »

I installed Visual Studio today, the full version, and started with a new template from Mr. ChriZ'.  Copied over the code from the old plugin and now it works! Not sure what was wrong, but it seems VB Express perhaps was the culprit. Anyway, it is working now. Thanks for all the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up