INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long standing user requests special on upgrade price  (Read 1442 times)

phaynes

• Recent member
Long standing user requests special on upgrade price
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:40:18 pm »

Today I received an email offering a MC 14 license for $10 off the normal price. As a long standing user of MC i was not able to take up the cheaper upgrade option when it was available as i had no internet access for a period. I respectfully request that licensed users be able to also purchase an upgrade at a reduced fee of say $14.95 from the standard $24.95. As it stands I will stick to my MC 13 license until such an offer is put in front of me.

Kind Regards,
Pete

p7389

• World Citizen
Re: Long standing user requests special on upgrade price
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:57:44 pm »

But the 25$ is the reduced price for users who already own previous versions of the software... If you want what 14 offers, then it must surely be worth that. If not, then staying at 13 for the time being shouldn't be a problem.

I can't say I've seen this mail about the 10$ rebate, but if there was a promotion and its over, then its over. Seems rather pointless to present this kind of ultimatum. (Not that you're lying about your circumstances - but it's the nature of the beast that some people miss out on these kinds of things, and it's not possible to just extend it to people who asks, because really, otherwise it wouldn't be a promotion.) Just my take - no JR affiliation more than as a user.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

phaynes

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:09:53 am »

Let me clear. I am not putting forth an ultimatium. I am simply stating that perhaps some valuable customers may have for some reason or another not upgraded prior to now and would jump at an incentive to now upgrade.

Taxee

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:41:09 am »

I agree.

I don't NEED to upgrade and missed the special price as well. 

However, I would upgrade if the special price was made available again.

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:13:21 am »

With all due respect (as sometimes these things need asking....)
Plenty of users have been willing to pay the upgrade fee, which is probably why it's set at the point it is.
If JR were to set the upgrade price lower again they'd be losing out on the additional revenue from these users, also if they set it at $14 then there'd be people asking for it to be lowered to $7.
They've got to draw the line somewhere, and they've obviously decided that $25 is where it's at...

Personally I think it was well worth $25

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:26:11 am »

Let me clear. I am not putting forth an ultimatium. I am simply stating that perhaps some valuable customers may have for some reason or another not upgraded prior to now and would jump at an incentive to now upgrade.
I appreciate your asking so politely, but we have no near term plans to offer an upgrade special.  We usually do one early in the cycle, partly to compensate for a version that isn't very polished.

Thanks for your past business.

phaynes

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:49:24 pm »

Plenty of users have been willing to pay the upgrade fee, which is probably why it's set at the point it is.
If JR were to set the upgrade price lower again they'd be losing out on the additional revenue from these users, also if they set it at $14 then there'd be people asking for it to be lowered to $7.
They've got to draw the line somewhere, and they've obviously decided that $25 is where it's at...

Personally I think it was well worth $25

I will simply wait for the next version to be released and upgrade then since I only use Media Center for sorting and playing back my audio library I simply cannot justify the $25 upgrade to v14 at this point in time. I realise that for some users whom are using the full functionality of MC14 will see the $25 upgrade fee as very good value and a worthy upgrade.

I love the Media Center and look forward to v15.
Pages: [1]   Go Up