INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD lookups  (Read 3533 times)

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
CD lookups
« on: October 27, 2009, 12:08:06 am »

Hoping that someone can answer what is probably a simple/stupid question. When I try and do CD look up on some of my Cd's, they are not found on the database for MC but if I do a look up with Windows media player my discs are found. Is there any way to save the look up data from WMP and use it in MC12? I have quite a few discs that are affected and having to type in the data by hand is not looking to appealing. Thanks for any help.

Glen.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD lookups
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:05:06 am »

My memory on this is a little sketchy, but....

Once you have a successful lookup using WMP, it should write the details to a file called cdplayer.ini
If you then open MC, right click on the drive containing the CD, there should be an option on that menu that goes something along the lines of 'update from cdplayer.ini

If that doesn't work, someone with a better memory may chip in...

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:21:26 pm »

Thanks for the response. Your memory is still good and that would have worked fine except that I am using WMP11 and it does not use cdplayer.ini any longer. The file is still there from a previous version of WMP but it is no longer being updated. Not sure where the data is now being written to, but so far I haven't been able to find it. Failing this effort to get my Cd's looked up, I guess that my next question would be someting like this. Does anybody know of a very small and simple program that I can use to do lookups with that will use cdplayer.ini or failing that does the newest addition to the MC family allow the use of selected databases so that if one is not successful then you can go to another?

Thanks for the help.

Glen

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:42:41 pm »

Did you ever get any more guidence on this issue? My issues is very simular.
Pages: [1]   Go Up