INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there an MP3 player whereby you can alter speed of playback?  (Read 1801 times)

swinster

• World Citizen
Is there an MP3 player whereby you can alter speed of playback?
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:04 pm »

Hi all,

This is a bit of a strange question but its for a very specific application. My mother runs some dance classes and for many years has lugged around a CD player/amp (portable PA). This has just blown up and whilst a MP3 player won't replace a PA amp, it will give her the opportunity of taking more tracks and shuffling them around at will.

They biggest thing that she liked about the old player however, was the ability to change the speed of playback, so she could slow things down whilst teaching.

Are there any MP3 players, or software that can be installed on them, they will enable this functionality?

Cheers,

Chris

Bobo4567

• Recent member
Re: Is there an MP3 player whereby you can alter speed of playback?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 02:37:37 am »

Cowon recently announced the "Cowon iAudio9". The manual describes a range of 50 - 150% for altering playback speed.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:46:22 am »

Cheers, How are these things with Docking? I have a ubiquitous iPod which, of course, is supported everywhere. I will need such a device to be able to dock and for that docking station to be able to be remote controlled. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:42:58 am »

A cheap laptop?  MC has a Tempo and Pitch component in DSP Studio.  Under Playback Options.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:08 pm »

Does MC run on a netbook? I see you do an IR remote, but I can see this being a little fiddly for this application. I need something that is real simple to plug in, setup and run in a hall or open air environment.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:27:39 pm »

Does MC run on a netbook?
Yes, if it runs Windows.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:02:30 pm »

Nice - Just need a real simple zapper for her now - I think RF or something that uses a dongle would be needed. The halls can be reasonably large and of course the people get in the way of line of sight. All it needs to do is the basics (play stop, pause, FF, RW, Skip F, Skip Rew) although adjusting speed via zapper would also be nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up