INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving side files together with music  (Read 3779 times)

leoric

• World Citizen
Moving side files together with music
« on: November 07, 2009, 02:16:06 pm »

Usually I keep some side files in folder with music album - covers, info, etc. When I use Rename tool to change directory of music files, all side files stays in old folder and I need to move it by myself. Is there any way to avoid manual steps in such scenario? May be it would be reasonable to make an option "Move all side files in folder when moving all music files" or something like?
Thanks in advance!

whoowl

• Recent member
Re: Moving side files together with music
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 12:59:14 am »

I have this constant problem too when I import and then move (to clean and organize things) the files to a permanent home.  This is my biggest pet peeve right now with the software.

whoowl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:35:43 pm »

This is going to be the single reason I stop using Media Jukebox or would pay for Media Center.  This issue is so critical that I am always looking for a replacement product because it annoys me so frequently.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:25 pm »

Media Center typically operates on files that are imported; that is, there is data inside the library that represents the imported files.  Views are representations of this data, and the stock views are configured to display files for a given media type such as Audio, Image, Video, etc..  This makes it easy for new users to find desire media.

You can configure your own views to display all files imported into MC, regardless of media type.

Still, if a file is not imported into MC, then you won't see it in the view.  Instead, use MC's Explorer under Drives & Devices.  This shows files from the physical file system.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up