INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: PvdImport - Import video metadata from Personal Video Database  (Read 49070 times)

chromathegreat

• Recent member
Re: PvdImport - Import video metadata from Personal Video Database
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2010, 12:27:52 am »

Ok, I'm pretty slow at getting this, but I have made progress, I swear :)

I got PVD working and I downloaded the beta plugin and now I at least have a tab for PVDimport in MC15.  I guess I can't really even conceptualize what's supposed to happen. Do files have to already by loaded into my PVD database before I can see them in the PVDimport plugin?  It's telling me that a bunch of fields don't exist in MC and wants me to create them, but I don't really get why, because i have other movies in there that i tagged with name, date, genre, etc.  Are these specific fields to PVD that have to be different from the ones that came with MC?

I'm having a fair amount of trouble getting through the PVD wiki and forums, etc, so if you all could give me some beginner info, that would be great. 

My goal is to load movies (and maybe TV shows once I get this down) into PVD and then import them into MC. It seems simple enough, but I seem to fail every which way.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--Andrew

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2010, 01:44:22 am »

Ok, so after some messing around, I think I got it all connected, and it's loading some of the info in.  My new question is, is there a way to change what the MC field that it imports to is?  When I change it by hand, and do an auto-import, it just goes through all of my files in a manner of seconds and just changes the .ModDate field. It added in keywords and descriptions originally, but for the imdb rating, it added it to ".Rating Imdb" and not what I would like to call it, "IMDB Rating."

Also, I can't understand exactly how it decides to change the Media Subtype.  I think it removed it the first time i did the import, but I would like it to either not touch Subtypes I've already assigned, or assign them based on something I set in PVD.  Is there a way to designate Movie vs. TV Show in PVD?

Thanks again, this looks awesome so far.  Saved me lots of time.

--Andrew

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2010, 02:46:51 am »

Does the screen shot help? You can put the result of any expression in any field, and name that field whatever you like, but the field name used in the configuration must exist in MC. In other words, if you want PVD's IMDb Rating to go into an MC field named IMDb Rating, create a field with that name (using Options - Library and Folders - Manage Library Fields) and enter that name in the McField column of the configuration.

Media Subtype is a special purpose field for which you can only set one of it's predetermined values. Those values don't match any field in PVD, so there's little point in attempting to use it. I imagine it's feasible to create and expression that would convert some PVD data to "fit," but I don't see any point in that when you can just use a custom field. I wouldn't recommend using this field in any case. Even if JRiver's fixed values work for you now, you'll never be able to change them. It's safer to just use your own field—if there's even a need for one. In the overall scheme of things, it's probably more effective to save different media types in different folders. Then, a "movie" is a "movie" because it resides in the \Video\Movies folder, and a "music video" is a "music video" because it resides in the \Video\Music folder. You have to put the files somewhere anyway, and by using that location information directly in MC means there's no tag to record, and no chance of error.

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2010, 08:34:49 am »

Regarding Media Subtype, I'm just going to take your advice, save myself a headache, and ignore it for now. 

For the other problem I was having, I just figured out that the MC field name can't have spaces in it, apparently, so that was causing my issue. Either way, I got that taken care of.  Thanks for your help here (and with other people on other threads). I'll surely be back when I screw something else up  ;D

--Andrew

rick.ca

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2010, 02:33:04 pm »

I just figured out that the MC field name can't have spaces in it, apparently, so that was causing my issue.

It must have been something else. MC supports field names with spaces, and PvdImport will fill them.

raldo

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2010, 09:15:38 am »

Regarding Media Subtype, I'm just going to take your advice, save myself a headache, and ignore it for now.  

Andrew, if you'd like to pursue some other methods in assigning Media Subtype, check this out

You can differ between Movie/TV Series using this method.

Im using a combined system: the above link, and a calculated field like rick.ca suggests above.

There have been multiple threads in this forum where expanding the built in subtypes was discussed. Unfortunately nothing has happend in this respect.

maid

MC16 PVDIMPORT
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2011, 12:38:02 am »

Hello,

Please excuse me for butting in but I keep trying to find the correct area to post my problem.

I am testing the new MC16 and I cant get the pvdimport plug in to install.

I have put the folder into jriver/plugin and browsed for the dll but it does not work

any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

rick.ca

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2011, 01:41:02 am »

Use the PvdImport installation file (i.e., what you downloaded from here—if you don't have it, download another). Uninstall the existing installation and then re-install to the MC16 plugin folder. Copy your configuration file from the MC15 plugin folder to the new MC16 folder. Start MC16 and select the plugin. Load the configuration file to restore the field mappings, and change the other settings as required.

maid

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »

Hi Rick,

I followed your instructions but when re starting MC16 pvdimport is not there. I browsed for the plugin but it fails to install plugin.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

rick.ca

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2011, 05:23:22 pm »

Oops. I didn't notice what thread you were in. The fact you're here implies you may be using version 1.2.1 from the top of topic. You should be using the "beta" version 1.3.4 from here. Don't ask me why it's still called a beta when it works and the released version doesn't. ::)

maid

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »

Thank you works!!  8)

raldo

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »

I moved the 1.3.4 beta version to this thread.

rick.ca

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2011, 07:00:36 pm »

The fact you're continuing to refer this as a "beta" suggests there's still work to be done. If so, are any significant changes planned, and do you have any idea when you might be doing more work on it?

For others who may find this question off-putting... I've been using this version regularly for six months without any problems or strong desire for additional features. Although now that I'm also using it to import music data, multiple configuration handling would be nice...  8)

raldo

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:28 am »

suggests there's still work to be done.

Maybe, but I haven't planned any changes. Unless someone donates a chunk of money, things are on hold indefinitely :)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2011, 03:56:01 am »

Hi Raldo,

I am trying to get Series genre information into MC and am having a little bit of difficulty. 

I tried to modify one of the SQL queries to see if I could get the genre information for the series (by combining/modifying the current .genre and Series queries) but couldn't get it to work.  Was wondering if this was an easy thing for you to help me with??

(I could assign a genre to each episode in PVD and then it works fine, but I have quite a few series and the bulk editor in PVD requires selection of one season at a time, hence a lengthier process than I would like).

Thanks
Craig

rick.ca

« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2011, 05:56:44 am »

I tried to modify one of the SQL queries to see if I could get the genre information for the series...

That should be possible, but Genre is just one field of the Series record. Consider using a dummy record (e.g., Series title.log) to transfer the entire Series record to MC. That gives you a whole bunch of data about the series and a poster to associate your episodes with. Whatever fields you choose to use in MC can now be relational fields. It takes a little fiddling to handle series and episode records together in MC, but hopefully we'll soon get some mechanism that will make that easier. But in my experience, it doesn't matter much. Once set up correctly, PvdImport automatically imports the data and it requires no ongoing maintenance.

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2011, 09:16:27 pm »

I just tried to add this to MC 16.0.99 and get "failed to install plugin."  fbguard and fbserver are both running as well.  Any ideas on figuring out how to get this to work?!  Thanks!!

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2011, 10:24:43 am »

I just tried to add this to MC 16.0.99 and get "failed to install plugin."  fbguard and fbserver are both running as well.  Any ideas on figuring out how to get this to work?!  Thanks!!
bump. I got the same error after upgraded to MC17. (pvdImport installed into MC17 plugin directory)

rick.ca

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2011, 04:58:33 pm »

I got the same error after upgraded to MC17.

You probably need to add the corresponding key to the registry. In Windows 7 64-bit, the MC16 key is...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JRiver\Media Center 16\Plugins\Interface\PvdImport]

Otherwise, strike the 'Wow6432Node\'.

Export the key. Edit the REG file, changing 'Media Center 16' to 'Media Center 17'. Merge the modified REG file to add the key for MC17.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2011, 03:27:51 am »

Yep, that did it. Thanks a LOT.

maid

« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2011, 02:19:11 am »

Hi Rick,
I dont seem to be able to download posters with IMDB or IMPAWARDS. Is there a fix?

rick.ca

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2011, 03:50:57 pm »

Asked and answered at PVD forum.

miserythemexican

• Recent member
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2011, 06:45:27 pm »

Hi Guys, I'm having a problem with invisible text in the section of the interface where you can edit the fields etc. Or rather, it looks like the text is white on a white background - when I select a box in the grid it highlights the background of that box blue, and i can see the white text.

I thought it might be the MC skin i was using, but its the same with the default skin. MC16/Win7 btw, and whatever the latest version is of PVDImport.

I get the feeling I'm going to kick myself when I find out why this is happening...

rick.ca

« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2011, 09:23:13 pm »

I thought it might be the MC skin i was using, but its the same with the default skin. MC16/Win7 btw, and whatever the latest version is of PVDImport.

That's interesting. I have the same problem in MC17, but not MC16. I assumed is was caused by some change in MC17. How long have you had the problem?

miserythemexican

• Recent member
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2011, 04:56:31 am »

Had the problem as of installation yesterday. I'm using a clean installation of everything on a new computer.

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2014, 02:02:51 am »

cant get it to show up in plugins... mc19
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up