INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with the ASIO direct X full duplex driver  (Read 5366 times)

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
Help needed with the ASIO direct X full duplex driver
« on: November 22, 2009, 10:08:42 pm »

I am using a Lynx l22 sound card and in the past have always used it with the ASIO driver provided by Lynx with no problem. The ASIO mode would not work with the SRS Audio Sandbox, a DSP plug-in, so I had to use direct sound mode when I wanted to use the SRS Sandbox. I just discovered that I can get ASIO to work with the SRS Sandbox by selecting the "ASIO direct X full duplex driver" .

The problem is that it will only play one file at a time and freezes at the very end of the file with only a few seconds left. How can this be fixed?  Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help needed with the ASIO direct X full duplex driver
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:12:21 am »

Are you loading SRS Audio Sandbox as a DSP into Media Center's DSP Studio?

In theory, DSP should be independent from the output method in our playback chain, so I wouldn't expect a Media Center DSP to change how ASIO behaves.  Could you share the DSP for us to test with?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:33:01 pm »

It is not a plug-in per se. After it is installed it is listed  as  a sound card in the audio control panel. I am using XP pro.  I cannot share it but you can download it for a free trial and see if you can make it work in an ASIO mode without problems. It is listed as one of your recommended DSP "plug-ins".

http://accessories.jrmediacenter.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 07:06:31 pm »

I should add that I can use ASIO4all, but it only works for files up to 16/44. I have many files that are 24/96. Also I like the sound of the ASIO direct X full duplex driver.

Thanks,

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up