INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - Playing Now  (Read 2450 times)

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
Theater View - Playing Now
« on: December 04, 2009, 10:50:05 am »

What are the plans for improving the Playing Now window in Theater View? I feel that this one of the things that need some work in Theater View now.

A few things that, in my opinion, would improve Playing Now:
  • The ability to customize how cover art is shown. Reflection, flat style, size of cover art or even not display cover art at all.
  • File info panel in Playing Now. There is plenty of space under the cover art image that could be used for this. Should work similar to the file info panel in the audio, video etc.
  • Progress bar. Perhaps not a progress bar, but something that show current location/track length.
  • Back button. Currently the back button in Playing Now takes you out to the front end. What would be very nice is if this took you back to the last location. If you where in Audio browsing albums of artist XXXXX the back button would take you back to that location

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View - Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 06:15:44 pm »

the progress bar is definetly a must!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 01:35:49 pm »

A couple of things I forgot in my initial post.
  • Easier access to rating. I suppose this especially applies to those of us that run a HTPC setup and navigate exclusively with a remote control
  • Not directly tied to Playing Now, but syncing the library from Theater View would be very nice

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 06:13:37 am »

The points about the back button, rating and progressbar is things I feel are missing too.

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 06:38:01 am »

The points about the back button, rating and progressbar is things I feel are missing too.

+1

kurushi

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 01:57:35 am »

+1 for me too

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 02:12:53 am »

+1

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 08:47:36 am »

+3
. . . the game is rigged

Al ex

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »

agreeing

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 03:07:26 am »

Ditto - especially re the progress bar. We need this in Display/Fullscreen view too, maybe as part of the OSD.

The other thing Playing Now really misses is the ability to re-order tracks. Most 10-foot Playing Now interfaces provide this. The simplest idea might be to add a "move up" / "move down" menu option on the roller menu which would apply to the currently selected track but this is likely to get super tedious (just like making selections is today!!). A better way would be to add up/down buttons beside each list item - eg:

<track name 1>                ^ v
<track name 2>                ^ v
<track name 3>                ^ v
<track name X>                ^ v

Oh, there's also a long standing bug in Playing Now: When you delete OR remove a list item, the cursor always reverts back to the top of the list. This is soooo annoying particularly when you're editing large playlists and are forced to find your last position in the list each time.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

dgilgonzalez

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:03:57 am »

progressbar: +1

Daydream

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 02:14:34 pm »

The entire discussion up to this point relates to when playing audio (why am I not surprized?). It's barely half the problem. What about when playing videos/movies/series? That progress bar should/could (upon being triggered by mouse over, by pressing Pause, etc) show what am I playing - small coverart, video and audio codecs, resolution, time when the movie will end. That should be position down and not up. That should be skinable related to Theater view (when in it) and not Standard view.

The whole Playing Now could use some 2010 suggestions... Floating layers a la Aero Peek when going back from watching something to Theater View list. More creative view options for audio (I'm one step away from mentioning skinning again) - you may want to see and work with the list (reorder, delete, etc like you guys mentioned above), or may want to see more info about what's playing -> more space for background/artist fanart, rotating media (CD) coverart (yes, this idea is from XBMC), options to place metadata info from song tags wherever I want on the screen. And I can keep on going...

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 01:47:59 am »

The entire discussion up to this point relates to when playing audio (why am I not surprized?). It's barely half the problem. What about when playing videos/movies/series? That progress bar should/could (upon being triggered by mouse over, by pressing Pause, etc) show what am I playing - small coverart, video and audio codecs, resolution, time when the movie will end. That should be position down and not up. That should be skinable related to Theater view (when in it) and not Standard view.

I agree. Would be nice to have such a feature for videos aswell.
Kinda eager to hear from the developers what plans, if any, there are for this. We keep seeing new features/functions added when, in my opinion, there are still some that are unfinished that get little attention.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:16 am »

We want to improve the Playing Now view in Theater View.

I think it'll be a bit before we get to it, but it is on the radar.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up