INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External program for M2TS files  (Read 977 times)

jackhesselholt

• Recent member
External program for M2TS files
« on: December 10, 2009, 06:56:02 am »

When using external program for video playback, e.g. playing m2ts files, for some reason all m2ts files never show up in my browser views. As if the library don't recognize them even if tagged as valid filetype in the system setup. I can play them from the files menu/open media file, but that's no good.
The m2ts files play fine though from the external TMT3 program, but the idea of having a browser is gone, when I can't see them in the actual video-files in the browser-views.

Any good explanation/solution?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: External program for M2TS files
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:35:39 am »

... As if the library don't recognize them even if tagged as valid filetype in the system setup...

What do you mean by "in the system setup"?  Did you tick the "AVCHD Video (m2ts,mts)" file type in the advanced import options? Have you also configured the AVCHD file type to use a specific DirectShow filter set in Options > File Type > Video > AVCHD (m2ts,mts) > Playback Method ?

... but the idea of having a browser is gone, when I can't see them in the actual video-files in the browser-views. ...

If they are imported perhaps MC couldn't decode them as video and they can be found under the Documents gategory. You could drag same m2ts files to Playing Now (in Standard View) and check the "Media Type" library field. If it doesn't show "Video" you can change the field value.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jackhesselholt

• Recent member
Re: External program for M2TS files
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:57:39 am »

Thanks for the prompt reply.  :)
I'll check and get back later. I don't think there's an issue with the setup, as the m2ts files play perfectly well, when opened from the files menu/open media file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up