INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: could we very very please get a way to let the playbutton behave the same.  (Read 2463 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

just happened again. stopped playback because i had a phone call, pushed the playbutton on my remote, mc started to play my whole music collection instead of continuing where i stopped.
when im in standard view, or mini view or fullscreen it would have done it right, in thv it behaves different. im not always in a position, nor want to be, to see in what mode mc is running, that is why i have a remote.
so please, please.
a seperate mcc command would do?

:)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: could we very very please get a way to let the playbutton behave the same.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:23:28 am »

What was selected in Theater View when you pressed play?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:11:37 am »

What was selected in Theater View when you pressed play?
i guess some view with audio. and that is the whole point.

under general i set the playbutton behaviour to play playing now. and that works as expected except for thv. this makes the behaviour from a remote inconsistent. befor hitting the play button on my remote i have to get to a place where i can see what view mc is in. i do understand why most people might prefer the behaviour as it is now, but it can be set that way also in the options. i would very much like it when play on my remote would always do the same. when im activly using thv i can click play in the roller etc.

gab

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:34:10 am »

I'll say this... I like it the way it is by default (Play button == Play Visible Files).  However, I agree that Theater View should probably follow the setting in Options > General > Behavior.  It doesn't specify that this setting is only for Standard View, and the option is already there...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:18:17 am »

I agree that Theater View should probably follow the setting in Options > General > Behavior

strongly agree 
. . . the game is rigged

gappie

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 03:41:13 pm »

ofcource it should follow that setting. but i unstand that it doesnt because it would be confusing for new users. so that is why, as a not so new user who gets confused now, i hope for some "advanced user" setting.

gab

gappie

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 12:09:53 pm »

the bizar thing is that this can also happen when pushing the pause button, did i stop or pause play back, lets try unpause. i would be very pleased if there would be a way to get the buttons on my remote work coherent, un ambiguous. a remote is also an interface, and it is confusing for me as it is now.

gab

gappie

bump, since it only got worse.
when in standard view play plays what is in playing now
when only the media server is running, play plays what is in playing now
when in fullscreen, play plays what is in playing now.
when in mini view play plays what is in playing now.

when entering thv play jumps to playing now display,a second play jumps to what zone you are in and gets stuck there.
so when opening thv, the route is down arrow, right arrow, play button..  ::)

why cant my remote not be an interface that behaves consistently.
gab

MrHaugen

I agree with this. Play should behave like the general settings imo. I want the play to either play Playing now, or resume playback from pause. I NEVER use Play all or play visible.

That also reminds me of another thing. PLEASE add an option to remove Play all from the roller. At least if todays behavior of the Play button is preserved. This way we already have a way of playing all. No need for it to be on the roller. My guests always and ALWAYS select this, and mess up my nicely crafted Playing Now list, so I have to delete it and start over. Having Add (and other options) next to a Play All selection is just to confusing for people. Play is more logical (to them) than for example Adding.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Theater View's play button is not configurable.  The jump on play is configurable in Options > Theater View.

Allowing more configuration here will be considered for a future version, but not v14.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

Allowing more configuration here will be considered for a future version, but not v14.
im a patient guy.  8) good to hear though.

i thought i tried everything. just had a thought that at least seems to work as far as starting playing now at the right song when in Theater View:
mc14.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=Playing Now\cDs
works. where Cds is the name of the zone (so i have to add |Zone=0). now i have to think of a way via girder or the sdk, that tells my remote that something is already playing.  :P

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up