INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to Access TV Tuner  (Read 815 times)

Abby

Failed to Access TV Tuner
« on: July 02, 2002, 07:05:00 pm »

When I tell MJ to scan for channels, the image from the TV actually shows up in the MJ main window, however at the same time MJ pops up an error messagebox "Failed to Access TV Tuner".

If I add the channel manually (Tuner Channel 3) it again shows the image from the TV in MJ's window but says "Failed to play TV (unknown error)" and then MJ crashes (same behavior with the new 8.0316 - isn't that supposed to be one of the things this release fixes? :) )

Details - Win2K Pro/SP1 with DirectX 8.1, P3/1GB, 512MB RAM, Matrox G450eTV card with a feed that comes in on channel 3.

Is there maybe some option I need to set that I'm missing?

Thanks!
Abby

Yaobing

RE:Failed to Access TV Tuner
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 07:26:08 pm »

That message usually comes up when your TV card uses VfW driver. The first thing you should try is to see if the TV card manufacturer has a WDM driver for your card. Currently we only support Hauppauge and ATI cards. Other cards may work if WDM drivers are used.

Abby

• Recent member
  • Principal Engineer, Streaming Media Technologies
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 07:48:37 pm »

Well, again - thanks for the extremely quick response.  I did some searching on Matrox's tech support forum and not only do they not have WDM drivers, but they have no plans for making any (thanks, Matrox).

Would it make any difference if I told you that MJ was working with this TV Tuner card the other day? :)  I reinstalled MJ but still have same TV Tuner card - dunno what happened there.  Or is that just some random fluke?

Abby

Yaobing

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 06:16:36 am »

I am not sure, it may well be a random fluke. In any case Scan Channel would not work if the driver is not WDM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up