INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.127 -- Available Here  (Read 4298 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.127 -- Available Here
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:01:57 am »

This is the latest version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140127.exe

14.0.127 (01/15/2010)

1. Fixed: Subclarity could cause a thump to be output on initial startup of playback.
2. Changed: Renamed "Internal Volume (audio only)" to "Internal Volume" since it works with videos when doing analog output.
3. NEW: Added 7.1 support to DSP Studio > Output Format selection.
4. Fixed: 'Effects' DSP plugin did not properly report when the output format was not supported.
5. Fixed: When changing output formats, it was possible for a DSP plugin to report it was processing data even though it wasn't able to handle the new format.
6. NEW: 'Effects' DSP works with 4.0, 5.1, and 7.1 sound.
7. Changed: Tuned DSP Studio > Effects > Surround Field effect and naming.
8. Changed: The Microsoft audio decoder AC3 decoding warning is shown for television and video playback as well as DVD playback.
9. NEW: Added new Speakers DSP plugin.

14.0.126 (01/14/2010)

1. Optimized: Improved DLNA threading so that service and subscription threads get destroyed instead of waiting idle.
2. Optimized: Revised HTTP/1.1 pipe-lining code in all servers to require fewer threads in play during activity.
3. Fixed: WASAPI output plugin was showing up as a choice in the playback option on Windows XP systems.
4. Changed: When controlling other DLNA devices, full track metadata including cover art is provided.

14.0.125 (01/13/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA can expose zones as DLNA Renderers so that remote controls and other DLNA devices can control Media Center. (Options > DLNA > Renderer) (still under development)
2. Optimized: DLNA device discovery is better threaded and performs fewer network hits per found device.
3. Changed: When playing with Tremote or DLNA control, the position slider will move more smoothly.
4. Fixed: Some codecs (flac for example) were reported as "Unknown Media Type" in Compression field (build 124 only).
5. Changed: DLNA servers and renderers provide more formats of images for support in more devices.
6. Fixed: DLNA information packets didn't contain the DLNA namespace, causing parsing errors with some devices.
7. Optimized: Switched DLNA view to a dynamic-data list control for better performance.
8. Optimized: DLNA device control subscription renewal is handled by a background thread instead of the main thread.

14.0.124 (01/11/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA server supports container art and uses fanned thumbnails for file-list containers like Theater View.
2. NEW: Added full music, image, and video search support for DLNA server. (works with Western Digital, D-Link, etc.)
3. Changed: Compression field is available for video as well as audio.
4. NEW: Compression field is filled with codec info during import of video and audio that are played in DirectShow engine.
5. Fixed: ReClock Audio Renderer was not available for selection.

14.0.123 (01/08/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA views are customizable per server. (Options > DLNA > [Select server] > Customize views...)

14.0.122 (01/06/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA improvements -- renaming, integrated with main program options, control works with servers on any port, revised artwork, etc.
2. Fixed: Huge delay at startup for Silicondust HDHomerun and DNTV Live! Tiny USB2 BDA television tuners.
3. Changed: Removed cancel choice from performer store account menu, since 'change subscription' can do the cancel by choosing 'Purchase only'.
4. Changed: Doubled the number of songs shown for the "top songs" search.
5. Changed: Some logging adjustment to speed up television startup.

14.0.121 (01/05/2010)

1. Fixed: Playing audio and images at the same time could crash.
2. Fixed: Viewing the television view when it spanned from one year to the next could result in not all programs being shown.
3. Changed: If DirectShow fails to analyze mts and m2ts files, MC will still import them as video.
4. Changed: Improved internal structure of server foundation for better socket management, faster shutdown, and improved stability.
5. Changed: DLNA Control must be enabled in Options > General > Advanced > Features > DLNA.

14.0.120 (01/04/2010)

1. Fixed: Analog television audio rendering problem on some tuner devices when not in time-shifting mode.
2. Optimized: MC can better deal with occasional corrupt time-stamp data during playback of television time-shifting/recording files.
3. Fixed: UPnP server was passing the wrong file size for files > 2 gigs. Resulted in truncated playback on some UPnP renders.
4. Changed: UPnP server doesn't return resolution when asked unless it's non-zero.

14.0.119 (12/24/2009)

1. Changed: DirectShow DSP filter enumeration is moved to JRWorker and bad-behaving filters are black-listed, to avoid crashes caused by bad filters.
2. Internal: Reorganization of DLNA internals.

14.0.118 (12/23/2009)

1. Changed: When searching for controllable DLNA devices, devices appear as they're found instead of after the search completes.
2. Changed: When a zone is added or removed (i.e. DLNA device found) 'Playing Now' will be expanded in the tree to show the change.
3. Changed: Searching for DLNA devices happens periodically instead of only at startup.
4. Changed: When controlling a DLNA device, metadata is provided to the device for display during playback.

14.0.117 (12/22/2009)

1. NEW: DLNA devices will appear as zones and allow playing, stopping, and other remote control functionality with Media Center (requires DLNA device to support control interfaces; currently requires DLNA server running on port 2869)
2. Changed: Relaxed FLV Splitter downloading requirement, allowing the version installed with CCCP to be used.
3. Changed: UPnP server temporarily disable Container Art, was causing unnecessary network traffic with some devices if the container had no art.
4. Changed: UPnP server validate item art existence before passing it in Content Directories (see #3).

14.0.116 (12/21/2009)

1. Fixed: Audio tracks decoded using DirectShow filters, such as m4a, ac3, could not be burnt to audio CDs.
2. Changed: In video playback audio renderer list no longer includes WaveOut devices.
3. Fixed: Television could crash when MC tried to start scheduled recording (bug introduced in build 112).
4. Fixed: Since build 82 Record button in standard television view has been unavailable for a channel, if there were no EPG data associated with the channel.
5. Optimized: Improved XMLTV ID to television channel auto-matching algorithm.  The match rate is greatly improved. (ATSC only.)
6. Fixed: UPnP server, size passing in transcoding video content directory (resulted in playing stopping on some DLNA devices). Bug introduced in 14.0.114.
7. New: Separated images and video options in the UPnP server.

14.0.115 (12/16/2009)

1. Changed: "DirectShow video playback settings..." is renamed to "Video playback settings...".  The corresponding settings dialog window is revamped.
2. NEW: Added experimental (and sparse) DLNA control support to allow playing, pausing, etc. a DLNA device. ('Control' button on right of UPnP server view)

14.0.114 (12/15/2009)

1. Fixed: Cover art was not imported from MyMovies data file.
2. NEW: UPnP server, support multiple rendering devices. Can create customizable profiles. New options dialog. Need Feedback!
3. Fixed: UPnP server NOTIFY wasn't working properly.

14.0.113 (12/14/2009)

1. Fixed: Stop button could stop working during television playback. In build 112 only.
2. Added: UPnP server, supply image height and width if requested. Supply date information for all files if requested (for example, shows up under image properties on a PS3)
3. Changed: Removed existing UPnP multiple device support which depended on autodetecting the device via the user-agent header which was unreliable. Preparing the way for device profiles.

14.0.112 (12/11/2009)

1. Changed: When tagging note text that's already tagged, empty portions from the old tag are removed.
2. Changed: Any note tagged as a 'Google Contact' will sync to Google, allowing sync of non-contact items.
3. Fixed: The last.fm plugin Buddy system could crash.
4. Changed: Revised Google contact data parsing rules, particularly in regards to how notes and custom fields are handled.
5. Fixed: Pressing Stop button immediately after starting to play a digital television channel could lead to crash.
6. NEW: Smartlist editor supports 'contains' and 'does not contain' when working with keyword lists.
7. Fixed: Empty parenthesis on a function like Now() could cause problems when used in an expression search.

14.0.111 (12/10/2009)

1. Changed: After navigating back in a library view, Album Artist (auto) categories could change their display name from 'Artist' to 'Album Artist (auto)'.
2. Changed: Saved television time-shifting files are now imported.
3. Changed: When copying HTML between notes, context like what field, formatting, etc. is better preserved.
4. Fixed: After playback, WMV files could remain locked.
5. Changed: Added workaround for blue-screen bugs in ATI 46xx driver under Windows 7 during concurrent DirectShow video graph building.
6. Changed: When deleting text in a note, empty fields are removed.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Re: Media Center 14.0.127 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:51:54 am »

Still blows away my working VST plugin from .101 onward. Same symptoms

See my previous post here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55621.msg378016#msg378016

Thanks.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:01:22 pm »

2. Fixed: Huge delay at startup for Silicondust HDHomerun and DNTV Live! Tiny USB2 BDA television tuners.

This sounds excellent!

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Bug: Undo does not work for stacking actions
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:06:20 pm »

Undo does not work stacking. Maybe this is a feature request, not a bug, but it is natural feature to expect.

Unfortunately, I learned the missing feature the hard way, when I selected the whole library, selected "Stack" instead of "Expand Stacks", and puff
I lost all stacks at once. (fortunately it wasn't more than a couple of hours work and not months of work).

I also wonder where the stacks are stored. Are they lost if the library is lost? I would prefer them to be stored in the tags.

nelsentkd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:57:59 am »

This version works great with my PS3. I have a new installation of Windows 7 and spent hours trying to figure out why I was getting a DLNA error 7255 with version .126. As soon as I installed this version, magic!

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 11:19:03 am »

This bug has not been fixed for this version: the ability to use a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\MC14.exe /LibraryName to open multiple libraries when that feature has been enabled in options. Using such a shortcut merely opens the library in the currently open MC. It does not open a new instance.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »

The last bug report from lise:
If you select tag in the action in order to modify the very last viewable item in the list, the 'entry box' that shows up below the item (where you type your new tag) is off the screen, so you can't see what you are typing. (Perhaps this only applies when the tag is a string). Once you type blindly and hit enter, you can see what you typed because the info then appears to the right of the tag title.

happens on mine as well now ...
I'am in "Recently Imported" and trying to edit some tags. There are the tabs "Action Window" and "Display" below. Now if you try to edit the last tags, its hidden below the "Action Window".

thx

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:32 pm »

Sorting in the library view still does not work ..
Advanced sorting rules are not stored! and do have no effekt!

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:54:38 pm »

Next sorting bug:
In theater view add a new category album, in the right part of the window add Album and click on edit. The Category window pops up, there sort by Date imported, click OK.
Now limit the files to e.g. 200.
View it in Theater View.

You wont see your newest files cause it seems that MC first cuts 200 and then sorts. Nasty!

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 06:00:45 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.

Playlists with audio and pictures don't always work correctly in theater mode. After pressing play all, the first picture shows up but never transitions to other pictures. It seems that starting the playback in non theater mode works differently...

Erik.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 06:10:11 pm »

Playlists with audio and pictures don't always work correctly in theater mode. After pressing play all, the first picture shows up but never transitions to other pictures. It seems that starting the playback in non theater mode works differently...
TheaterView has "Show" and "Slideshow" options for images.

Spacebar might start the slideshow.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 06:33:13 pm »

TheaterView has "Show" and "Slideshow" options for images.

Spacebar might start the slideshow.

With the remote I only have a "Play" and "Play All" option...

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 09:11:47 am »

Theater does not sort a view of Albums, for example, by Album Artist (auto).

Probably the most desired view for me (I tag Multi-albums so as to push them down out of the way, otherwise they are listed at the top and I'd rather not exclude them entirely).
Pages: [1]   Go Up