INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream actual played music to PDA (pocket pc)  (Read 1773 times)

Lobotom1

• Recent member
Stream actual played music to PDA (pocket pc)
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:35:26 am »

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an actual possible way to stream what I am listening with MC to a PDA via Wifi ?

My PPC is a Pocket windows 6.1

Many Thanks,
Lobo

Lobotom1

• Recent member
Re: Stream actual played music to PDA (pocket pc)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:41:17 am »

Hi again,

Is this a too stupid question ?? Strange I can't find a simple answer to this. On my PDA I am using GSplayer and can't connect to the normal "UPNP server" which I suppose is the place to stream music within MC ....

My audio files in MC are in FLAC, what I would like to do is either direct encode the Zone 1 played music to MP3 and stream it on the PDA or on another specific zone for the PDA.

If anyone can connect his PDA to the MC upnp server please let me know.

PS: ( I got since approximately 2 years now a repetitive strain injury on both my arms which limits my "daily usage of computer meaning difficulties to intensively browse the web for answers :((( )

Many Thanks,

Lobo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:29 am »

If you want to play files from our library, you could use the DLNA Server.  Get the latest build from the MC14 board.

Then you need a program for the PDA that is a UPnP or DLNA renderer.  I don't know of any, but it's almost certain they exist.  There is a list of DLNA software on wikipedia in the article on DLNA.  Maybe that would help.  A PDA software site might also help.

Nilsi

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:06:36 am »

Hello Lobo,

try Pocket Player from Conduits. You might need to additionally download the FLAC and uPNP Plugin. Now that MC is revamped with its DNLA features it started working for me quite well (with DNLA-Server config on MC side).

Regards

Nilsi

Lobotom1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:14:55 am »

Hi Nilsi and Jimh,

I also just found the Pocket player and yes it does work. Anyway it works the oposite way I would like to see it working.

What I can do is browse my entire collection and plays it controlling everything with the PDA.  (I would have prefered the PDA to be treated as a zone in MC and ask Mc to play this or this on the PDA)

I can live with it quite fine for now.

Many Thanks guys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up