INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nokia 5800 Playlist issue  (Read 15519 times)

CadErik

• World Citizen
Nokia 5800 Playlist issue
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:20:39 pm »

I recently bought a Nokia 5800 XM which can work as a nice MTP device (and work with Napster To go!). I am synchronizing it with MC - the track sync works fine but I haven't found out how to make playlists work. The odd part is that if I create a playlist on the phone, I will see it in the device in MC and be able to edit it. However, when I send a playlist to the device, the tracks go to the sync but not the playlist. Any suggestions?

Erik.

brak_brak

• Recent member
Re: Nokia 5800 Playlist issue
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:35:17 pm »

I just posted the same question regarding my E72.  The files sync to the designated directory, but there's nothing in the designated playlist directory after sync.  The directory exists; there's just nothing in it. 

bbuckeye

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:36:55 pm »

i'd like to know if anyone knows how to do this as well.  I can load the microSD card and sync like it's a device, but playlists only copy the songs, not the playlist file.  Works fine on other devices like my G1.. but would really like to do it for this phone.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:22:29 pm »

i'd like to know if anyone knows how to do this as well.  I can load the microSD card and sync like it's a device, but playlists only copy the songs, not the playlist file.  Works fine on other devices like my G1.. but would really like to do it for this phone.

The latest MC did fix cover art, I wonder what the glitch is with the playlists since MC can read the nokia playlists correctly...

brak_brak

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:47:17 pm »

I was able to sync directly to the SD card, then edit each playlist in Word (any text editor will do) to change the leading .\.. to E: on each item.  It's a pain in the a$$ to do every time I change the contents of a playlist, but it better than having no playlists. 

fidelio

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »

That is really terrible.
I just got a Nokia E71 phone as a very special sale (last edition) bargain.
And the same story, playlists are not synced to the phone.
Could JRmediacenter fix this issue?
I am currently using MC14.

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 11:29:06 am »

I too have been waiting for a way to transfer playlists to my 5800XM. Is this being looked at?? I see no mod has responded to this thread, can we have an update please.

I am using MC14 but will upgrade if this is incorporated into MC15

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 12:03:34 pm »

We don't have any Nokia phones, so if you find any details on how they work, what they expect, please let us know.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 03:12:16 pm »

We don't have any Nokia phones, so if you find any details on how they work, what they expect, please let us know.

MC doesn't even create playlist files today in the playlist location... Also another weird thing, MC sees correctly playlists created by the Nokia music player. I'd glad to help - let me know what kind of information you need, I will look it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up