INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import  (Read 1164 times)

Fritz_Gerlich

• Recent member
Auto-Import
« on: February 12, 2010, 05:11:57 am »

Hi,

How do I turn auto-import off?  If I cant, how can I choose what folders I want it to see?  And how can I make sure j.river doesn't touch the tags or the files in any way (ie I want the music files to be exactly the same way they were before I use j.river in case I don't want to keep the program)?

Thanks for any help.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:19:51 am »

1) The Auto-Import options are in:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import Folders > Add Folder...
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import Folders > Add Folder... > Advanced
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import Folders > Options

In there you can disable the feature (untick everything) or manually add/remove folders and set the folder specific file types.

Personally, I use only a couple of dedicated import locations and most of the time I have the background importer disabled. I have added the "Run Auto-Import Now" button on the top toolbar so that I can quickly run it when preferred:

Right-click the top toolbar to configure the buttons.

2) To disable file tagging:

Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > untick "Update tags when file info changes"

All changes will still be stored in the library (aka database) and can be applied to the files later.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up