INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes M4a tunes all of the sudden not playing?  (Read 1243 times)

fatcat

• Recent member
iTunes M4a tunes all of the sudden not playing?
« on: February 16, 2010, 09:00:56 am »

Any help with this?  I use the quicktime engine to play all my itunes music, never had a problem.  Then all of the sudden all my other FLAC files play fine, but the m4a files play with no sound.  MC14 is able to play them, just no sound comes out and no equalizer.  Thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iTunes M4a tunes all of the sudden not playing?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:05:14 am »

How do you have MC set?  Check "File Types" for M4A.

The wiki has info on M4A.

fatcat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:08:18 am »

All file types for M4a are set to quicktime engine.  Everything worked perfectly up till this morning.  I went to play an M4a and nothing.  So it had been set correctly in the past and I went in to check now and it still shows quicktime engine.....

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 11:24:27 am »

If you have ffdshow you can try and set it to that and then go into codecs in ffdshow and ensure that is set to play or you can try and uninstall and reinstall quicktime.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:32 am »

All file types for M4a are set to quicktime engine.  Everything worked perfectly up till this morning.  I went to play an M4a and nothing.  So it had been set correctly in the past and I went in to check now and it still shows quicktime engine.....

I don't think we made any changes regarding the use of Quicktime engine to play audio.  Has your computer undergone any changes, such as Quicktime updates, Windows updates?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up