INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DacMagic via optical and 24bit 96khz files not playing.  (Read 2026 times)

gerrardasnails

• Recent member
DacMagic via optical and 24bit 96khz files not playing.
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:34:45 am »

I set up my system last night and am now using MC to play my music using WASAPI.  It sounds fantastic when I listen to 16bit 44.1khz files, however, I switch to 24bit 96khz files and a problem arises.  A message pops up and the song doesn't play.  I've tried using the settings in the audiophile section of the wiki but it still doesn't work.  Any ideas?  This is by no means a deal breaker for me - I have tens of thousands of 16bit songs and only a 100 or so 24bit ones.  Although I am interested in getting some more.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DacMagic via optical and 24bit 96khz files not playing.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:00 am »

First, install build 144 (or newer) because it makes it less common to need to do manual configuration for how to handle 24-bit data when talking to cards.

If it still doesn't work, switch the option "Present 24-bit data in a 32-bit package" in the WASAPI options under Options > Audio (or Options > Playback with an older build)

Let us know how you fare.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gerrardasnails

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:02:28 am »

Once I've installed it should I go with in output mode settings, check, check, uncheck and in DSP output, 24bit and source sample rate?  Or source bit rate and source sample rate?

Many thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:20:41 am »

Install and try 24-bit output.  I think it'll work.

If it doesn't work, flip the setting and try again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gerrardasnails

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 05:30:06 pm »

Hurrah!!  Thanks a lot for your help.  Just listened to Natty Dread by Bob Marley in glorious 24bit, 96khz bit perfect style!  For the record, I downloaded the new update and checked the first two boxes in Output mode settings and in DSP, I left bitrate and sample rate set to source.
Pages: [1]   Go Up