INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lame question, but would like to know how ot use this  (Read 1058 times)

jolo

• World Citizen
Lame question, but would like to know how ot use this
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:24:07 am »

I have used MC for years and yet ....  ? I have a question how to use this selection area that has tabs and is listed at the top.
I don't even know what it is called, but I have a picture of it below.
Please tell me how I can manage these tabs.

Thank you,

Jon Temple

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lame question, but would like to know how ot use this
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:02:18 am »

Tabs are wonderful!!

To get the best out of them, go to "Options > Startup > Startup Interface" and set "Location" to "Last Location"

Having done that, the next time you launch MC, each tab will open as it was when you closed MC.

You can open a new tab by clicking on the little stub at the end of the row, or by clicking on a tree location with the middle mouse button. If you make use of the "Links" that you see over to the right of the tabs, it's also possible to have these open in a new tab when clicked on. (right click on a link and explore the "customise links" option)

Using the little stub, you can open a maximum of six tabs.
Using the middle click method, there is no limit.

To close a tab, you must first switch to it, then use the little cross button to close that tab.

If you really don't want to use tabs at all, you can turn them off by going to: "View > Split View" and clicking on the "Show tabs" item. It acts as a toggle, so, repeat to turn them back on again.

Does that help?

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
Re: Lame question, but would like to know how ot use this
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:10:37 am »

Does that help?

Yes, it does, and it wasn't even my question.  Thank you for the concise mini-tutorial on tabs.  Well done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up