INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help building a smartlist playlist. if 5 starred make playlist of albums\artists  (Read 953 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

We'd like to make a smartlist or playlist that when we 5 star a song, it automatically grabs all tracks from that cd (even if there is only one)and puts them in the smartlist\playlist named "Albums\Artists To Check Out."

reason being.. alot of times GF and i will 5 star songs we like while we listen to a whole genre on shuffle. by making this playlist it would auto sort music our ears had a liking to and we could check out the other tracks of that artist or album.

Thank You

rick.ca

That's a good idea. And smartlists are great for this sort of thing. Here's one I made quickly, largely just by selecting stock rules.

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=<7d [Rating]=5 -[Album Type]=[Multiple artists /(complete/)],[Multiple artists /(incomplete/)] [Filename (path)]=[D:\Audio" ~a ~nodup=[Artist],[Name] ~limit=10,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)]
Import this into a new smartlist, and then adjust it to your own preferences. It's far from perfect, but may work okay for the scenario you describe. There's no way you can determine "tracks recently rated 5," so it seems the best you can do is "recently played and rated 5."

If you like, you can take this a step further and make another smartlist which selects items on the first list AND not rated. I'd stick with the first list, so I could see the track I rated 5—causing the album to be included, and so the album is complete.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

AWESOME Thanx Rick.. will try it :)

i've got more like that ;) will post suggestions later

TY
Pages: [1]   Go Up