INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't understand why when moving albums, duplicate song listings occur  (Read 1069 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!

I keep all albums from an like artist in a single folder named after the artist.

I also keep all albums that have only one to an artist in a folder named "one artist albums".

When I get a second album by one of the artists that I have in my one artist albums folder, I make a new folder with the artists name and put both the new album and the previous album that was in one artist albums folder in it.

I then go into MC14 and import, both albums show up but the older album that was moved now has duplicates of every song on the album showing. The weird part is that the songs aren't physically duplicated but they are shown twice when hovering the mouse cursor over the album art.

Why does MC14 do this, is there something that I am fundamentally doing wrong?

Thanks
TC

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe

My first suggestion has to be, "Don't do that!" A file organization scheme that requires files to be moved because an arbitrary condition changes is unnecessary and error-prone. Use a consistent folder pattern like [Genre]\[Artist]\[Album]\ in the first place.

Second, if you really need to move files around, do so with the Rename, Move & Copy facility. It will move/rename files while maintaining the integrity of the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up