INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one way to change the display in thv  (Read 2456 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
one way to change the display in thv
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:20:06 pm »

for my taste the roller in thv took far to much place, i wanted a bigger cover. but in the middle and with a vertical roller.
and i did stumble over something to play with. so i thought i post it, for those finding there way in thv skinning land.
first three screenshots.
the first how its originally, the second how it looks now (i know, not perfect, but i might keep it), and the last to show that the info is not attached by it.

here is the code where the info is in:
Code: [Select]
<Layout Name="Playing Now" Location="Playing Now\Display" >
<!-- Background area -->
<Item Name="ViewBackgroundPN" Placement="All" />

<!-- Content area -->
<Item Name="RT" Base="FoolTheaterView" Placement="Top" Size="(2 * [Medium Text Height]) + (2 * [List Internal Margins Height])" />
<Item Name="ZR" Base="RT" Placement="Right" Size="75%" />

<Item Name="NavigationRoller" Base="RT" Placement="Top" Size="100%" />
<Item Name="What ever" Base="ViewBackgroundPN" Placement="Top" Size="3%" />
<Item Name="Titlebar" Base="NavigationRoller" Placement="Top" Size="[Large Text Height] + [List Internal Margins Height]" />
<Item Name="Statusbar" Base="ViewBackgroundPN" Condition="If(Statusbar, 1, 0)" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Medium Text Height] + 16" Crop="8" />
<!--Item Name="PIP" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Left" Size="65%" Crop="1%" / -->
<Item Name="View" Base="ViewBackgroundPN" Placement="All" />
</Layout>
<Layout Name="Playing Now" Location="*\Playing Now\Display" >
<!-- Background area -->
<Item Name="ViewBackgroundPN" Placement="All" />

<!-- Content area -->
<Item Name="RT" Base="FoolTheaterView" Placement="Top" Size="(2 * [Medium Text Height]) + (2 * [List Internal Margins Height])" />
<Item Name="ZR" Base="RT" Placement="Right" Size="75%" />

<Item Name="NavigationRoller" Base="RT" Placement="Top" Size="100%" />
<Item Name="What ever" Base="ViewBackgroundPN" Placement="Top" Size="3%" />
<Item Name="Titlebar" Base="NavigationRoller" Placement="Top" Size="[Large Text Height] + [List Internal Margins Height]" />
<Item Name="Statusbar" Base="ViewBackgroundPN" Condition="If(Statusbar, 1, 0)" Placement="Bottom" Size="[Medium Text Height] + 16" Crop="8" />
<!--Item Name="PIP" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Left" Size="65%" Crop="1%" / -->
<Item Name="View" Base="ViewBackgroundPN" Placement="All" />
</Layout>
there are two things different. first there are two instances of Location.. one is for the playing now you enter when comming from the root, the second is when comming from anywhere else.
the other is that i made the roller sit in a place that is not defined called 'FoolTheaterView' and putted some dummy inthere 'RT' to push the roller to the left.which is a bit of the trick to get the bigger coverart. maybe there are other ways?

i hope somebody likes it.

have fun

:)
gab

gappie

Re: one way to change the display in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 03:05:17 pm »

when you let the roller lineout left
   <ROLLER>
      <Data Orientation="horizontal" Alignment="Left" />
   </ROLLER>
and tinger a bit withe sizes it really can start to look good

gab

ps: i always post my little nothings in the hope that others that are fooling around with Theater View skins will post there findings. its the way to find a way to the forrest..

ps2.. and there seems to be more playing now instances, so it also needs a Location="*\*\Playing Now\Display"
and when you want to edit the rest of playing now, you need 3 more..  :(

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:09:58 am »

Nice post thx Gappie i 'll try it!it's better now and it would be cool with large text like u request in you're other thread.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:21:38 pm »

a next thing i tried was getting rid of the fairly big useless space in the roller on the info screen (the more zoomed in, the more disturbing, and i use between 150 and 200%). this is actually easy. changing the size of the roller works. but, ofcourse, this gives three new instances of playing now in the skin
some small things changing in playing now layout gives need to 9 layouts:
Playing Now\Display
*\Playing Now\Display
*\*\Playing Now\Display
Playing Now\Info
etc
Playing Now\List
etc

to be honest.. it does not makes much sence, and skinning no fun.

gab

gappie

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:58:33 pm »

if its worth putting some time in it.. maybe when you use a small screen that you want to see from acros the room. i just took some screens just to for myself if it was worth it. from the standard skin and from where i ended up.

ofcource this means that everywhere the roller is lined out at the left. something that might be interesting for touchscreens any way.. but im gonna test that when im for to long in the train in two weeks with a laptop with a touchscreen. 8)

gab

kurushi

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 03:03:10 pm »

very nice result ! 8)
How do u have all of this options i mean the musicians names (good font ;)?

gappie

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 02:34:46 am »

very nice result ! 8)
How do u have all of this options i mean the musicians names (good font ;)?
merci kurushi.
the notes are from the ariel font. to get it to show up this way i use the expression:
Code: [Select]
if(isempty([keywords]),,♪ Replace(Replace([keywords],\,/ ♫ ),/;,/;♪ ))&datatype=[list]
gab

kurushi

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 10:23:21 am »

About the whole code i can't past it in the main.xml ; if i do this i don't see any différences; where do you put it exactly?
Sorry for this dummy question :P

gappie

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 11:07:00 am »

About the whole code i can't past it in the main.xml ; if i do this i don't see any différences; where do you put it exactly?
Sorry for this dummy question :P
no not dumb.  i paste it in the main xml but leave what is there already (when you take for instance obsidian as a start). maybe i should post what i ended up with for now, it would make it a bit more clear, although its a bit of a mess, and all the different playing nows that have to be defined makes clearing it a hopeless task
http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/EastSideNewalt.zip
open the zip and add the folder to your skins, when you want to look.
mc always first looks in the main xml to how the skin is defined, and after that it looks in the base file at the top, to see what is missing. that link to the base, should always be there.

gab

kurushi

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 11:30:01 am »

Waouw Thanks Gappie it's the whole skin you use i really THANK YOU ! for Sharing with us.
And it looks awesome:

gappie

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:16:49 pm »

that is interesting, kurushi. i made it different. i did switch to french also. and the links i wrote down a few posts earlier and you find in the skin.
Playing Now\Display
*\Playing Now\Display
*\*\Playing Now\Display
Playing Now\Info
etc
Playing Now\List
etc

should be

lecture en cours\display
etc
lecture en cours\Liste
etc

when you try it in english, you see what i see.

but this also means that skinning and sharing it, is impossible at this moment. since it depends on the language. that can and should not be the intention. that was in the old Theater View different.

ah well
 :(
gab

edit: im gonna make a french version to see if im right.. dont understand everything.
edit2: its funny how an other language changes the way a skin looks. apparently what i said above is wrong. i tried it with dutch and French. it seems like in only in English (British or not British) it recognizes the display part in the skin. not sure why. and i guess i should not care also. its a mess.

kurushi

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »

You right in English all works!

gappie

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 02:04:26 pm »

there is clearly a bug that depends on the language. i made a small alternative from obsidian to check it. when in this alternative (called obsidian time) one goes to playing now from the root, using an english language, there is time in the display view at the left bottom, when going to info its at the right.
now change the language and go to playing now from the root. in display there is no time, in info it is though.

remember this works only from the root, from other places just needs a few playing now instances more.

the test skin attached, just in case the developers, or anybody else are interested.

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up