INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Service (MC14): Library > Merge - What Is This Used For?  (Read 1725 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member
Web Service (MC14): Library > Merge - What Is This Used For?
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:41:05 pm »

Is there any additional documentation about the Library > Merge function in the Web service?  Here is what it says:

Merge
         Merge changes into the library.
         Parameters:
            Delta: A binary package describing the changes. (default: )

Is there any information about how to use this?  What is the format of the binary package?

New MC developer and thought I would look at the Web Service interface first (since it looks easy).  I was looking at a program to update information (custom fields) about tracks and albums in the database (without touching the files themselves) - would this be a way for me to get at fields in the library for write purposes?

Thanks for any info...

cjohnson

• Recent member
Re: Web Service (MC14): Library > Merge - What Is This Used For?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 03:43:35 pm »

I would also like to know how to use this feature. Is this something I could use to update play counts and ratings, etc from a device to media center over wifi? In general, I want to sync the contents on a device on wifi to Media Center. Right now I would just like to sync music to the device and playcounts/ratings update back to media center. Is there a better way to do this other than the web service?

Pages: [1]   Go Up