INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Music Streaming for servers without sound cards  (Read 1906 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Request: Music Streaming for servers without sound cards
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:42:26 am »

It looks like plugins such as xptunes do an excellent job at streaming music to browsers, but I can't use them because they ll depend on the server to have a soundcard. Just wondering if this is a limitation of MC's api, or if it's possible for anyone to create a simplify media type plugin that doesnt require a soundcard.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Request: Music Streaming for servers without sound cards
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:58:21 am »

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Media Center's servers (DLNA, Library Server) can serve / stream files to any computer.  The servers don't require a soundcard.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Request: Music Streaming for servers without sound cards
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:04:16 pm »

With MC's current plugins (XPtunes etc.) it appears that the MC server needs to have a soundcard in order to stream music to remote browsers. My WHS mediasmart server doesnt have a soundcard so i can't use those plugins.

My WHS server has the firefly server installed and running and I use Fireplay to play my music in firefox at work. But the interface is limited (it uses the three pane itunes type interface), and Fireplay is flash based so I can't use it on my iphone.

Simplify media worked as a client app on my iphone but it also had a bad interface and kept crashing.

Plugplayer might work if I could get the vpn client on my iphone to work, but I can't.

So currently, there is no way for me to access my MC views using a browser or iphone app.
Pages: [1]   Go Up