INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC Tagging support?  (Read 2107 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
AAC Tagging support?
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:43:26 am »

I recently finished a double-blind ABX of Nero AAC vs. Lame MP3 and found enough of a difference at ~175 kbps (-q 0.5 vs. -v3) to warrant a change to my lossy library for portable use.  I know that if you were to add a plug-in, you'd have to pay licensing fees for the AAC format. I'm happy using the "external encoder function" when converting my original FLAC files, but I'm having trouble using the NeroAAC tag tool to add tags from the original FLAC file in JRiver. The parameters I'm currently using are listed here.

Code: [Select]
Filename: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
Code: [Select]
Parameters: /c ""C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\neroaacenc.exe" -q 0.5 -if %IN -of %OUT && "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Neroaactag.exe" %d -meta:artist="[artist]" -meta:album="[album]" -meta:track="[track #]" -meta:title="[title]" -meta:genre="[genre]" -meta:year="[date]""
My obvious problem is that I don't know what tagging switches to call from JRiver to pass to the tagging program. The global values (used by EAC and other programs) don't seem to work either (e.g -meta:artist="%a") Could you please provide some insight?

sunfire7

Re: AAC Tagging support?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:57:23 pm »

I face similar problem some time ago, we tried the nero tag tool and realized that the global values are not the same and some of are missing too, so the solution for me is using dbpoweramp, it will convert to nero aac AND write all the tags properly to the files, if you want the commandline to do it i'll write it for you  :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:03:05 pm »

Don't worry about it, I can just use foobar. Thanks though! I wish this were possible in MC, it would bring it one step closer to being the stand-alone app it's meant to be (or I'm trying to make it).

craft

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:53:56 am »

null
Pages: [1]   Go Up