INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need ideas on increasing TV recording time in MJ.  (Read 602 times)

BigMike

Need ideas on increasing TV recording time in MJ.
« on: June 28, 2002, 02:18:08 pm »

Using my ATI tuner media software, I know how to increase recording time by trading off recording quality for smaller file sizes, thus increasing total recording times. ATI lets you choose amoung several options that make these changes for you. With MJ, it's a little more confusing, at least for me. Any ideas on how to increase recording times in MJ by trading off recording quality, such as in ATI's own software? Or is this for a future version of MJ?

Yaobing

RE:Need ideas on increasing TV recording time in MJ.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 06:51:05 pm »

You can use video compressor's configuration dialog window to achieve that. In "Configure Capture", choose the video compressor you want to use, and then click the "Configure" button right below the combo box. It obviously depends on the compressor you choose, but there is usually a slider bar that allows you to change the trade-off. For some compressors the configuration is more complex than others. FOr example DivX compressor has a lot of things you can play with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up