INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can I find Skins ?  (Read 2124 times)

ElQuia

• World Citizen
Where can I find Skins ?
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »

Hi quys. I am looking for skins for MC 15. Or at least some skins that work with it. The skins that are on page, are OLD,

Please can you point me to some?

Thanks!!!  :)

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where can I find Skins ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »

Hi dunno i f u had a answer to your prior post but yes MC14 skins 'll works with MC15.
So maybe there are old but they works :).
By the way mine are not old because i have released them recently you can try them if you haven't already seen.
The original post of them is here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53745.0
let me say what you like or don't like in them :)

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »

kurushi, I was looking for something like te fly or the opules opus series (they are easy on the eye and elegant) in mega skins and something minimalist like the no frills (sort of foobar like) for mini.
But I downloaded yours, will try and be back  ;D
Thanks for the tip!  :)

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:26:15 pm »

Yes i know u have schearched for a fly replacement but u can just use it like before:)I like it too the fly skin it's really easy on eyes .Opulence is easy on eyes but i don't like the design a too fischer price for me :).
But u can use the schearch function and enter "skins"
I know the seamless skin and gappie have made also two others not bad at all and really original.

Ps:Forgive my poor english i am from France...
ps2 thx for have a look at the diabolik skin :) if u want one easy on eyes i suggest you the light skin dunno why other prefer the dark skin...

U can also modify them a little for to suit you're needs...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:45:06 am »

The Fly will work with v15.
If there is anything missing, let me know and I'll fix it.

It's currently third item down on the 'featured skins and plugins' page for v14.

Glad to hear you liked it.

regards,
-marko

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:46 am »

marko: yes: really nice work!, I love it. One thing: I have MC customized so that I put a series of icos with commands (panes, dsp studio, etc) on the toolbar.
In this new cover view (ctrl + 5) there are some differences between noire and The Fly:
1.  In Noire the floating contol bar appears smaller, thinner and without the toolbar, In the fly my customized toolbar appears on the floating control. I much preffer this as It gives me more tools in this mode wich is like a full screen mode or something. I comment it because it is different from Noire only
2. In Noire in cover view if I have a movies pane open on the top right, besides the thumnail size control a series of search sites appear: Google IMDB Rotten Tomatoes. In the fly they don´t appear.

marko: ¿any chances of adding a really MINI mode to The Fly?, I mean sort of foobar like or like the "NoFrills" one?. What I want of a mini is: play commands, a hideable playlist or hiddeable "playing now" and a shorcut to dsp studio. I should be thin (no more than a title bar) and go transparent when inactive.

Edit: for the mini: an always on top option also

Best, thanks for your cool work!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:35:20 am »

Some interesting points there:

1. You're right, and when not in theatre view, I agree with you that it's better. That's actually an oversight on my part, as having included a "FullScreenPlayer" image with the skin, I then failed to reference it in the xml, so MC falls back on the SlimPlayer image, and so provides more functionality for Cover View. I won't be 'fixing' this ;)

2. They are there for me, which leads me to wonder why not for you. I'm thinking questions such as:
What is your horizontal screen resolution, and how many tabs do you have open, and are any of those tabs using 'drop panes'?
All of these things can eat into the real estate up there, and the first thing to go is always the links when space gets tight.

Mini skins are something I've never been able to get my head round, as in, a long time ago I looked at how others were made, and immediately thought, waaay out of my league, and never went there again!! Sorry.
Do you use the PlayingNow plugin? It can't do transparency, nor shortcut to dsp, but can do everything else. To knock out a skin for that, I'd just need to know your horizontal resolution.

-marko

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 11:14:32 am »

marko:
1. Cool ;)
2. My mistake, they are available. I donīt know why they are today and not yesterday or maybe I was just with my head otherplace or I opened a Picture pane in which those navigation menus donīt appear .. :-\ . Any way my screen res is 1600*900, (planning to upgrade to an HD 1920 mon some day. Usually I have about 4 or 5 tabs open.
I donīt know what you call drop panes  ?

No, I donīt use the playing now plugin, I tend to avoid using plugins. For mini now I am using the nofrills, itīs quite primitive in its appearance, but it gets the work done
Pages: [1]   Go Up