INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change value of custom field?  (Read 1144 times)

jlm

How to change value of custom field?
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:28:03 am »

Hi everybody,

I'm interested in purchasing version 14, but before I do I am using the free download version to test it.

I would like to add a custom field to each music track and so far I've been able to add it in the library option and have also been able to add this custom field to the album view.

My problem is that I'm not able to put a value into this new custom field ( I've called it PR ).

Does anyone here know how I can put a value in this field (it's a number between 1 and 99)? I would like to be able to add and change this value from the album view and NOT by having to use a database editor.

I've read the Wiki and searched the forums but I'm gettting lost so hopefully someone here can help!

Thanks in advance.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to change value of custom field?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:12:06 am »

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields...

Press "Add New Field" and type "PR"

Couple things you might want to do...

Change "Data Type" to "Integer", this will prevent you from entering anything but numbers in the field

Make sure "Edit Type" is not set to "Clear Only" or "Cannot be edited". Keep this field to the default "Standard"

Check "Store in file tags (when possible)" if you want MC to write this tag to you file.

jlm

re:How to change value of custom field?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 05:29:41 am »

Thanks for the answer, I hadn't checked the 'Store in file' option.

It's working now, though it took me a while to find out that I needed to right click on the new field and hit F2 to change the value.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to change value of custom field?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:55:09 am »

On the bottom left of MC, there is a window called "Action Window". Click "Tag"

The "Action Window" will be replaced by the "Tag" window. On the top left of this window is a little icon. Click it and a drop down window will appear. Pick "Show tags in current view". This will display any tags you have on the right. Select either a single item on the right or multiple items to edit their tags.

WARNING: It is easy to mess up tags if you do not pay attention to what you have selected on the right. If nothing is selected, it is considered as all being selected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up