INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image uploading comments / problems  (Read 947 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Image uploading comments / problems
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »

I had 112 photos from my trip to upload to some website for family/friends to view. I first did a test upload to Flickr. No indication that it was actually uploading. Since I saw no indication I thought it wasn't working so I did it again. Then I got the message that the images were uploaded, and later another upload done message. It ended up creating two sets.

Okay it worked, so I selected my 112 images to upload and kicked it off. Eventually I got a message about Error uploading. No idea what the error was. Looked at Flickr and determined that since I have a free account, I guess I overdid my limit. So no more Flickr for me.

I then went to resize the images so they were smaller. Selected all to resize and it was nice and fast. However, it ended up with 109 succeeded and 3 failed. Well, which ones failed and why?

I determined which ones failed by looking at the file sizes. Redid those 3 and they worked this time. One for some reason had a (2) put at the end and one from the earlier large set resize also did. Deleted those extra files.

Okay, I'll try Pix01. What, only 60 at a time so I'll have to divide it up into 2 sets. But first thought I'd try the local web gallery since I have my own website so I could do more than 60. Looked at Preview and the full size wasn't a real full size of the image. I'll have to spend time later to edit the template files but I have people waiting to see these images so I'll have to deal with the 60 per set limitation of Pix01. And at least this time I got notification of the uploading with Pix01.

I then did a subset of the photos for Facebook for the first time. Worked perfectly. After I approved them on Facebook, they were posted. Each photo says it was "Uploaded via Media Center" which is fine but the link to the Media Center page is kind of bland. Might want to put at least a link to the JRiver website or something on there. And is there really a Johnny River developer there?

I'm still kind of undecided on what program to use for my image organization / uploading. I first organized these in Windows Live Photo Gallery so I could do the face tagging but didn't have the time to use the plug-in to get the information into MC. Will have to try that later. Sure would be nice to have one program that could do it all.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Image uploading comments / problems
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:54:17 am »

So I guess we know where you've been now.  I'm jealous.

Pages: [1]   Go Up