INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Sync throws away cover art inside file?  (Read 4118 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Library Sync throws away cover art inside file?
« on: April 18, 2010, 01:06:55 am »

Both computers have version 14.0.155. I ripped a bunch of CDs and added all the cover art on the server machine. I always store the cover art "inside file". When I synced my other machine to the server, it copied all the new mp3's down, but did not copy/display any of the cover art for these files. What's going on?

Cheers,
Jeff

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
Re: Library Sync throws away cover art inside file?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:29:52 pm »

Bump. The same thing happens on the latest build of version 15...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:24:57 am »

Do you mean that it removes cover art from the file tags during the file copy process?

What does the "Image File" library field show for those synced files? Have you tried to do "Update Library (from tags)" on the target machine?

Is cover art missing only in thumbnail views or also from the standard "Cover Art" visualization when you play the files? If only the thumbnails are missing you could try to rebuild them: select the files, right-click > Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail

If you mean external cover art files, I don't think they can be copied because the cover art images are not included in the database as individual library files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »

Hi Alex,
Thanks for getting back to me.

To answer your question, in the source library the Image File tag says "Inside File", and in the destination library, the Image File tag is blank. So yea, given that it's blank, it's not visible anywhere... it's not just the thumbnails. When I first saw the problem in the list if recently imported files after the sync, I thought it was just thumbnails too and tried to rebuild them, but it obviously didn't work because the Image File field is blank.

I hope you can still look into this. It remains a pretty big bummer.

Thanks,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up