INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playstation DLNA streaming with subs and different audio tracks  (Read 3711 times)

Wryce

• Recent member

Hi

I have always used ps3 media server for streaming dvd to my ps3. A few weeks ago i came across J media and i was sold directly on it.

its one of the most competent media server on the marked from my point of view.

However i havent yet been able to change audio track or subtitles when streaming a dvd to my ps3. I have tried with a Video TS "vob" and also MKV files and no go.

Is there any settings i can change so this would be possible?

Regards:
Wryce

Wryce

• Recent member
Re: Playstation DLNA streaming with subs and different audio tracks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 02:50:53 am »

Anyone know if this feature is supported?

would be nice to know as i only have about 10 days left on my evaluation.

I would really like to run everything from J River especially as i have got it up and running with air upnp so i can stream music to my airport express.

Regards:
Wryce

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:50:05 pm »

Hi

I have always used ps3 media server for streaming dvd to my ps3. A few weeks ago i came across J media and i was sold directly on it.

its one of the most competent media server on the marked from my point of view.

However i havent yet been able to change audio track or subtitles when streaming a dvd to my ps3. I have tried with a Video TS "vob" and also MKV files and no go.

Is there any settings i can change so this would be possible?

Regards:
Wryce
The PS3 doesn't handle external subtitles without re-encoding (when the subs are then incorporated into the video). That SHOULD work but doesn't seem to be currently.
DVD ifo rips (aggregate DVD's) aren't transcodable in MC at this time.
 The MKV's however should be and should incorporate a .srt file in the same directory as the .mkv with the same filename. We are looking into that problem.

Wryce

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:51:50 pm »

Hi Bob

Thank you for the answer. You say that DVD ifo rips (aggregate DVD's) aren't transcodable in MC at this time.

Will this be implemented in the future?

I also noted that on some of my ifo the ps3 skips a few minutes in the beginning of the ifo when using MC as dlna server. While the ps3 media server starts all of my ifos correctly any ideas on this?

//Wryce

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 04:15:20 pm »

Hi Bob

Thank you for the answer. You say that DVD ifo rips (aggregate DVD's) aren't transcodable in MC at this time.

Will this be implemented in the future?

I also noted that on some of my ifo the ps3 skips a few minutes in the beginning of the ifo when using MC as dlna server. While the ps3 media server starts all of my ifos correctly any ideas on this?

//Wryce
I'm not sure about the ifo transcoding. The PS3 reads then natively so it would be better if we could just get them selected on the PS3 somehow. There was a problem with ifo streaming fixed today and there seems to be another in the sound track selection.

If you play open the ifo with Windows Media Center, you should see similar behavior to MC. What's an example of a title you are getting the skip on?

Wryce

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:44 am »

Hi Bob

Current titles that are skipping a few minutes:

Alvin And The Chipmunks The Squeakquel, Arthur and minimoynerna and Salt.

Titles that work:
Bolt, Max Payne and more.

I have tried both WMC and J River locally on the computer and all titles work  as they should. but as soon as i try DLNA from ps3 from JRiver server some of the titles skip a few minutes.

//Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up