INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Conversion (newbie question)  (Read 662 times)

TG ref Mike

• administrator
Video Conversion (newbie question)
« on: June 27, 2002, 07:59:59 am »

I'm new to this product. My main question is this: can I use Media Jukebox to convert video files from one format to the other?

My dilemma is that I am an administrator for Twin Galaxies. We have video files of various video game players from all over the world. As such, we have files in many different formats (.avi, .asf, .asx, .mov, .ra, mpg, mpeg, wmv, etc), and these files use a host of different codecs. I can currently play them all by using Real Player, Windows Media Player, and Quick Time, and I understand that I can use your product to play all of these formats so long as the appropriate players and codecs are installed. I would like to convert all of my video files to one format, with one codec like, for example, mpg.

Does anybody know if this is possible with Media Jukebox?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Video Conversion (newbie question)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 09:22:41 am »

It isn't possible with MJ, but it is possible with many video editing programs.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

cjdshaw

RE:Video Conversion (newbie question)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 09:23:34 am »

Media Jukebox will play all those formats except .mov because Quicktime Player does not provide a COM interface (if I remember the terminology correctly). It also doesn't allow you to convert video files, only audio. For what you want, something like Cleaner would probably be better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up