INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to migrate from MC14 to MC15  (Read 793 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
how to migrate from MC14 to MC15
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:00:07 pm »

I've recently purchased the MC15 upgrade, but I find it hard to believe it does not import all the properties that were part of the MC14 library.  That is, no playlists, no data associated with "date last played", etc ...  Why create a database to track all these characteristics of the music and video files, if they'll be all for not the next time I upgrade??

Thank you for an otherwise very nice piece of software ...

Edit:  Another thread implied I might be able to restore a MC14 backup.  This did work, and my apologies ... I assumed that because the MC15 "upgrade" didn't do it automatically, that the databases were somehow incompatible.  Can I suggest that the MC15 installer automatically import previous libraries when previous versions are installed?

Thanx again  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

rhowland

• Recent member
Re: how to migrate from MC14 to MC15
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »

Now that it's been a while, how are things going? I'm still at version 12.x.x. I am a registered user. I've put hours and hours and hours on updating my database and custom fields. Look ups all fail at version 12 now and they have for over a year. (Yet database lookups work fine with WMP) Should I upgrade? What are the procedures? Will I be able to access and fined my custom fields? ? ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up