INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort by "name" bug.. mc15 and 14  (Read 1526 times)

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
Sort by "name" bug.. mc15 and 14
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:00:03 am »

Existing thread in mc14 forum http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56792.msg385282#msg385282

This bug still exist in mc15 also.
His mind is not for rent..to any god or government

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sort by "name" bug.. mc15 and 14
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:52:22 pm »

I still don't think it's a bug. The only way I can observe the behaviour is by using a "Categories" view with "Filter in both directions" set, and I can't think of any legitimate use for that combination.

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:30:50 pm »

I found out today its not just the name sort, it happens when you try to sort any of the columns of the bottom view. And I don't use the filter in both directions thing you are talking about.

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »

Right. Changing that setting affects the behaviour in some cases, but it doesn't seem to stick. It's probably not of any direct relevance. ::)

Now the most consistent behaviour I'm able to observe is this: If an item is selected in the top view AND no item is selected in the bottom view, then attempting to sort all files using the column header doesn't work (it instantly reverts to the album grouping). It works fine if an item is selected first. Maybe that's why refreshing seemed to make a difference. And this is for "Categories" views only; the problem doesn't seem to occur in "Panes" views.

Now that description isn't entirely correct. I'm leaving it that way because it's the easiest way to "get" what's happening. But the problem doesn't seem to be that no item is selected—it's that the lower view isn't selected. Clicking anywhere in the lower view that doesn't cause an item to be selected (e.g., on the title bar, or between groups) will select the view. There's no visual evidence of this, and the item in the top view will remain highlighted—making it appear it still has focus. But sorting all files will work after doing this.

I'm not sure what all this means. Maybe the "bug" is that clicking on a column header selects the column and displays the context menu, but fails to change the focus to the lower view. :-\

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:52 am »

Coming in Media Center 15.0.32:
Fixed: Clicking a column header in the bottom file list of a library view with the top list focused could cause changes to be discarded.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:41:23 pm »

Thanks a lot for fixing this.  The sorting works great now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up