INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: confused about tabs  (Read 1584 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
confused about tabs
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:28:48 pm »

example:

Next to the panes tab is another blank tab, how do I get something specified for that tab and what kinds of things can I specify?  ?

For some reason this has escaped me for awhile now, must be a personal problem I guess  ::)

Thanks
TC  :)

rick.ca

Re: confused about tabs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:41:38 pm »

For some reason this has escaped me for awhile now, must be a personal problem I guess

Yup. Too much thinking will do that. ;)

It's just another tab. It will behave like any existing tab—displaying whatever you select in the tree. It also "remembers" whatever view and file selection you made while you use other tabs. The fact it retains the file selection makes it a superior way to switch between views than using the tree.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:48:33 pm »

and you can middleclick on something in the tree to open an item in a new tab.. that is when you have a tree button mouse.

what made me think. i dont know how many people (right) click on an item in the tree to play or add to playing now, but would it not be nice to add open and open in a new tab to the small rightclick menue. i sometimes find myself trying that since that is how browsers seem to work, and i have no three button mouse.

:)
gab

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 06:00:29 pm »

I love tabs in MC, but I wish that they retained their settings (or views) when switching between libraries.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 08:20:41 pm »

It would be nice if we could double click anywhere to the right of the open tab to open up a new one (instead of just the white box), like in Firefox.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:20:17 am »

Tabs are wonderful!!

To get the best out of them, go to "Options > Startup > Startup Interface" and set "Location" to "Last Location"

Having done that, the next time you launch MC, each tab will open as it was when you closed MC.

You can open a new tab by clicking on the little stub at the end of the row, or by clicking on a tree location with the middle mouse button. If you make use of the "Links" that you see over to the right of the tabs, it's also possible to have these open in a new tab when clicked on. (right click on a link and explore the "customise links" option)

Using the little stub, you can open a maximum of six tabs.
Using the middle click method, there is no limit.

To close a tab, you must first switch to it, then use the little cross button to close that tab.

If you really don't want to use tabs at all, you can turn them off by going to: "View > Split View" and clicking on the "Show tabs" item. It acts as a toggle, so, repeat to turn them back on again.

Does that help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up