INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playstation 3 vs. Generic DLNA  (Read 1734 times)

alexhenes

• Recent member
Playstation 3 vs. Generic DLNA
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »

Just upgraded to MC15.  Trying to stream music to my PS3.  I have not been able to get tracks to show up in the PS3 menu structure using the "Playstation 3" DLNA server profile in MC.  I tried the Generic DLNA and it works.  Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks
Alex

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playstation 3 vs. Generic DLNA
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:33:24 pm »

You do have the DLNA server checkbox checked in "Media Network" options?

If so, it should just show up when you do a "search for servers" on the PS3. If you still don't see MC, perhaps you have a firewall blocking MC on the PC. Are the PS3 and the PC both on the same LAN network?

alexhenes

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 02:25:09 pm »

the server shows up in the search... however after I select the server on the PS3... I navigate to audio and no tracks are there.  If I use the generic dlna in MC Network everything on the PS3 works... I get tracks etc.  Is there something wrong with the PS3 settings in MC Network?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:09:28 am »

the server shows up in the search... however after I select the server on the PS3... I navigate to audio and no tracks are there.  If I use the generic dlna in MC Network everything on the PS3 works... I get tracks etc.  Is there something wrong with the PS3 settings in MC Network?
I just tried it here and it worked fine. Can you delete all of the server profiles in the configuration, then reselect the PS3 server profile and try again?
You'll need to do the "search for server" function on your PS3 before it will find the change. Note that if you choose the wrong category by accident, say you choose audio from the photo menu on the PS3 you get the behavior you describe (no tracks).
Pages: [1]   Go Up