INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FIXED] MC parsing of CUE sheet  (Read 2269 times)

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
[FIXED] MC parsing of CUE sheet
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:12:05 am »

I have encountered a bug where MC have problems parsing valid CUE Sheet. In the example provided you will see when adding the cue sheet to playing now that MC flush the first file and repeat the last twice. I have verified that the cue sheet was valid and it load correctly in foobar2000. Flac file in the example are dummy file for testing purpose only.

Demo file

Version : 15.0.32

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [BUG] MC parsing of CUE sheet
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:23:54 pm »

Just tested the new version 15.0.35 with my demo file and the bug still occurs. Since I didn't receive any feedback I took a screenshot showing the error with the last files. Screenshot size is 1920 X 1080 and is shrink a by the forum so you will see better if you view the full size image.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:37:17 pm »

I noticed a (most likely) related issue back in build 31. Here's the post I made in the thread for that release:

I was just trying to split and convert an album ripped into a single APE file via the associated cue sheet when I noticed that the last track isn't split correctly. Media Center ends up encoding the whole album and calling it the final track. I was converting to Musepack, and tried both "Leave original file; add destination file to library" and "Replace original file on disk and in library" modes with no success; the same thing occurs regardless of the mode I choose. I set MC to covert 4 files at the same time (quad core processor), if that matters. This functionality has worked for me before (recently purchased and upgraded to MC15 from MC13), so I think this is a bug.

I'd really like to have this issue resolved, because this is a feature I use quite often!

Thanks,

-Lenny
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 07:31:34 pm »

I tested your bug Soul_Rvr911 and I confirm same thing occur with conversion of a single Flac with cue sheet, the final track represent the whole album.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:58:32 am »

Coming in Media Center 15.0.37:
Fixed: CUE files that contained multiple file links but no root file link could fail to parse correctly.

The CUE spec is a little sloppy.  Entries can be in FILE/TRACK order or TRACK/FILE order.  This makes parsing all the possible permutations a bit tricky.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:23:30 pm »

I can also confirm the single file cue sheet problem. I can't rip to seperate tracks because of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up